Written on: 28/06/2013
1) Never turned up for property inspections (they either forgot to put them in the diary or put them in the diary for a date in the past - how hard is it to what day/month it is?)
2) When our heating failed in the middle of Winter, they contacted the gas fitter the landlord had organised to fix it and told him not to come out because it "had already been dealt with". It hadn't - and we had to freeze for a further 4 days before he realised what they had done.
3) Wrote to us saying that the landlord was happy to extend our contract for 12 months with a break clause. In fact he only wanted to extend for 6 months without a break clause. When we tried to accept the 12 months contract they offered us on his behalf, they advised him to issue us with an eviction notice because we "were being difficult"! Obviously paying the rent on time and keeping the property "immaculate" (Countrywide's own word) constitutes problem tenants...
4) Due to 3) we were not exactly complimentary about the property, landlord or Countrywide when prospective new tenants came to view it. We were told that if we did not lie to them and say that everything was great Countrywide would not give a reference to our new letting agents (thus preventing us from moving from a property we were being evicted from -huh???) They backed down when we threatened them with legal action.
5) Despite everything being (as I said) "immaculate" when we moved out and the landlord agreeing that the deposit should be refunded in full, we have not received a penny over a month after leaving the property, because they have paid it to somebody else's bank account! They have done nothing to sort it out and are incredibly patronising over the phone. According to the landlord they have done this to previous tenants of his.
Avoid these ratbags!
As rated by our community of reviewers
" Below loan sharks in the food chain " Read More
" Inadequate Appraisers " Read More
Written by AshleyD16
" RTM Set Up " Read More
" Worst, most stressful company I've ever had to deal with " Read More
" Shocking company " Read More