B &Q the Mac Allister Pressure Washer DONT BUT

Guest's review of MacAllister MAC 1

MacAllister MAC 1

“B &Q the Mac Allister Pressure Washer DONT BUT”

Written on: 12/09/2011

We should have known better than to buy the Mac allister pressure washer, never again and to all those that may think about buying it .. DON'T

Purchased 2009 used 3 times to clean patios , so not an item used regulary, only ocassional usage. The trigger mechanisum packs up water going everywhere that was early 2010, but as out of the 12 month warrenty got in touch with spares and purchased a new trigger unit (june 2010) cost £47, guess what used 2/3 times trigger unit packs up again with water going everywhere a couple of days ago Sept 10 2011 to be precise
Awaiting B&Q resonse; if no joy then I will refer to Trading standards as without doubt this product is not fit for purpose

Guest's Comment

Written on: 14/12/2011

Hi, did you get any further with this? I have exactly the same issue. I thought it may be the 'O' rings in the valve section, I have replaced these and there is no change - same fault as your handle(s), mine is also unusable. Any information on how far you get with B&Q will be of assistance to me and others who may require bullets…

Stokebruce's Comment

Written on: 27/04/2013

I had the exact same issue with my MAC3. replaced every O ring in the gun, but I still ended up wetter then what it should have been spraying!! Complete waste of money! It wasn't cheap either!

Nms2247's Comment

Written on: 14/12/2011

Hi, did you get any further with this? I have exactly the same issue. I thought it may be the 'O' rings in the valve section, I have replaced these and there is no change - same fault as your handle(s), mine is also unusable. Any information on how far you get with B7Q will be of assistance to me and others who may require bullets…