Useless piece of plastic

woodydog's review of Karcher K5.50M

Karcher K5.50M

“Useless piece of plastic”

Written on: 26/09/2012 by woodydog (1 review written)

As many others I am sure thought I was buying a quality power washer. As it happens my father in law bought his first and said how good it was, I tried it and also bought one then just out of warranty the retractable hose connection snapped off his machine. I repaired this with some brass pipe fittings and a industrial resin glue. Alls well now but no retractable hose any more. My washer exactly the same thing happened so I phoned the tech department and was told this has never happened before send it back and we will fix it at a price of course. I fixed it myself.
The performance of this power washer I find lacking, we use it for external wooden stairs and block paved yard. It takes several passes to shift the dirt and growths making cleaning a real chore not a pleasure, that means there is no way you will get the kids to do it!
I would not buy another Karcher washer. My 20 year old Kew was better and far more robust.