What's up with the Members Area???

Guest's review of ClearCash icount - www.clearcash.co.uk

“What's up with the Members Area???”

Written on: 27/06/2013

For the ClearCash card/account itself, I would happily award five stars -- I even abandoned my bank account (held for over fifteen years) for this! However, could someone please tell me what the heck is going on with the Members Area? You know, the self-service Mastercard website where you can manage your account, etc.? Because I personally haven't been able to access this for about six weeks now (Internet Explorer cannot display the web page), which is an incredible inconvenience and using the automated telephone service is both inferior and EXPENSIVE! I'm dying to know whether anyone else is having the same problem accessing the site online, or whether there's just something funny going on with my broadband connection, though I doubt it. Yes, I would like to contact ClearCash about this, but the number to call costs 10p per mintue and the last time I tried, I was hanging on for twelve minutes and lost patience knowing how expensive it was getting. Besides, why should I pay for their mistakes? I've only knocked off one star for now in case this is somehow my fault, but if it isn't, then I'll downgrade them to two for delivering lousy customer service.

Gregor123's Comment

Written on: 02/07/2013

they do have an 0207 number on their contact page to call as well to avoid the premium rate number. I have ben using them for a while and expecially over the last few weeks have not had any issue with logging in to my members area - always works well for me so it could well be your internet connection/browser. I use Chrome for everything but im sure if more customers were experiencing the same as you, there would be complaints somewhere.

I hope this helps? like you, I do feel they are a great service, and i do like their Members Area! It may be worth looking at your computer settings as i know when i have internet problems with certain sites, some of the time it is my fault (annoyingly!!)

Ironlady's Comment

Written on: 03/07/2013

Thanks for your comment, Gregor123 -- really helpful! Thought it was weird for it to be going on so long with no notice from them... I did adjust my internet settings when it first became a problem, but obviously there's a bit more to it and I will look into it again. At least now I know for sure that it's me, not them! Thanks also for reminding me about the 0207 number...

Gregor123's Comment

Written on: 05/07/2013

No problem! happy to help as what you are describing seems like an internet problem. I haven't used internet explorer for a long time and find Google Chrome to work better on most websites. Have you tried using another computer at an internet cafe or something?

Ironlady's Comment

Written on: 07/01/2014

Hi again -- I know it's been a while but just thought I'd post to close the issue I had with the ClearCash website... Basically, the problem WAS my web browser (Internet Explorer 8). I have an old laptop and a newer netbook, and neither could access the ClearCash website using Internet Explorer. I live in a rural area, so alternative internet access can be tricky. I tried to install Google Chrome (as you suggested) on my laptop first, but my laptop must have been too old for the task because it didn't work. Then I tried it on my netbook and -- hallelujah -- it worked! Problem solved. I can now access the Members Area just like everyone else. So thanks again Gregor for pointing me in the right direction.

Akmoto1981's Comment

Written on: 16/12/2013

i been using cashplus card for over 6 years-until they blocked my account when my 1st card expired-to my surprise, was told to re apply-so i thought of applying for the clearcash, which by-the way i only used once-then they blocked it again, i still have money in the card and they keep on charging me for dormancy although i keep on telephoning them about the issue.
today i got so annoyed with the customer service because they tell me the same old story-worst service ever, a way of feeding on those needing a card-these cards are suppose to help those that cant get a credit card, or someone traveling etc-instead they are just taking advantage on people. they wont give my money back although i asked to cancel my account. i find the simplest card, with easy access to customer service is breadcard-you wont regreat it.