3 out of 3 false positive tests

Guest's review of Predictor Pregnancy Test

Predictor Pregnancy Test

“3 out of 3 false positive tests”

Written on: 10/05/2012

DO NOT BUY THESE TESTS!!! myself and my husband are trying for baby no. 3, and having been pregs twice before I thought I felt a little 'pregnant' (bit sicky, tired, bloated etc) so bought a 2 pack of these tests and did one 5 days before my period was due. VERY faint line after around 6 or 7 mins, so decided maybe wait and do the second one first thing the next morning. Again, very faint line after only 2-3 mins. Having never used this brand and reading the reviews on here about them being unreliable, I bought a First Response Early Test which clearly said negative.
I phoned the helpling on the Predictor pack and after being passed round several departments I spoke to a very nice lady who assured me their tests are ALWAYS accurate, First Response is much less sensitive and to make a doctors appointment as "congratulations, you are defiantely pregnant!!!" and also for my peace of mind, buy a single one of their tests which would be from a different batch to prove it!... which foolishly, I did and hey presto, positive!
Therefore, when my period arrived on the expected day I was a little confused, and concerned. Phoned my gp who sent me straight to a&e with suspected ectopic pregnancy where i had blood tests to prove I was not, and had never been, pregnant, and that these tests are so sensative they pick up pre-period hormones.
Almost a week of thinking I was pregs and a night of stress and hurt in hospital because of these unreliable and seriously flawed tests.... STEER WELL CLEAR and use Clear Blue or First Response.