Avoid CityLink delivery if you can

chrispduck's review of City Link Parcel Delivery Service

“Avoid CityLink delivery if you can”

Written on: 09/03/2012 by chrispduck (1 review written)

I ordered a computer from large IT supplier, next day delivery guaranteed (it was important). Delivery failed with no reference to myself, or them, just a no-show.
Discovered next day that CityLInk had claimed that the package had been wrongly addressed.
They couldn't promise morning delivery and again, couldn't contact their own driver(?).
I was not going to be available to accept the parcel in the afternoon, so the order had to be cancelled and sourced elsewhere so I could guarantee collection that afternoon.
As I was leaving the house a City Link van appeared. I informed the driver the order had been cancelled at source as it was a day late. I had already sourced an alternative computer.
He said it was not their fault as the address was wrong - no house name on the package..
I expressed some doubt about that so he triumphantly showed me the package with the 'wrongly addressed' label from Wednesday still affixed..
I pointed out my house name 'X-----X' clearly typed on the address label.
'Oh, yeah!' was his astounded response. (Not 'Sorry', obviously).
I then told him to move on as he probably had more people to disappoint and he was already late.
The CityLink website indicated that they had been aware of their driver's inability to read labels by 12:17pm the previous day, yet they hadn't contacted me or the supplier for clarification.
They claimed they were unable to contact their own driver on his mobile to check delivery. All afternoon. Really?

Verdict: Utterly useless. Avoid.

In future I'll be checking who is dispatching my order when I arrange delivery from suppliers, and if it's CityLInk, I'll refer them here, then shop somewhere else.