Debt Collection Monkeys

• Quality

darkestdawn's review of Arvato - www.arvato.co.uk

Arvato - www.arvato.co.uk

“Debt Collection Monkeys”

Written on: 08/12/2011 by darkestdawn (2 reviews written)

These charming firm are the debt collection monkeys for 1&1 Ltd - a despicable company determined to screw over their customers.

Despite proving time and time again that I had cancelled my account with 1&1 Arvato have been contacting me every day for the past 3 months.

I will be filing harassment charges against them and have reported them to the OFT for unfair collection practices.

• Quality

Oluwadamilare's Response to darkestdawn's Review

Written on: 18/12/2012

I am having similar experience now.

They advertised a promotional fee of less tha £6.00 for Domain name registration and i signed up on the 9th of September, only for them to send me an invoice for almost £24.00 on the 11th September. So on the 12th of September, i cancelled the transaction and got an email confirming the cancellation from them on the 13th September stating the the cancellation have been effected and that the domain name will be returned to Nominet on the same day - 13th September

I then went to 123 reg, paid about £5.00 and got my domain name registered. This has also been confirmed by Nominet but to my surprise, i got a letter from Arvato now telling me they have been authorized to collect about £40 from me being what i owed 1 & 1 Internet.

Honestly, i am feeling harrassed and i feel the need to have some sort of authority to fight against this. Its simply a scam and i see no reason 1 & 1 Internet and Arvato can not be closed down for their con

Darkestdawn's reply to Oluwadamilare's Comment

Written on: 18/12/2012

They stopped chasing me after I sent this email:

I’m being harassed by a debt collection company, I have made a complaint to Consumer Direct and they are looking into the matter.

I have repeatedly invited the company to sue me for the supposed debt as I am confident that I can prove it to be incorrect in the Small Claims court – they have ignored my requests and continue to send me emails and letters. Please can you tell me how I go about lodging a formal complaint about them.

I sent it to enquiries@oft.gsi.gov.uk and copied Arvato in on it,
Collections@arvato.co.uk<Collections@arvato.co.uk>;

Here's another Letter you can use:

I refer to your contact regarding the above account which you claim I owe. I am informing you that I do not recognise the debt.

I would remind you that the OFT states under their Guidance that it is ‘unfair’ to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable and that it is deceptive and or unfair methods in not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt.

Furthermore, if you ignore and/or disregard claims that debts have been settled or are ‘disputed’ and continue to make unjustified demands for payment then this can amount to physical or psychological harassment.

I am also familiar with Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act.

As I dispute this debt you refer to then I trust you will make no further contact unless you can satisfy me that this debt exists and that I am liable.

If you subsequently cannot prove I owe this debt and if you continue to act in this irresponsible and unprofessional way then I will have no other alternative than to report you to Trading Standards and the Office of Fair Trading. I will also lodge a complaint with the Financial Ombudsman Service.

If I receive any communication from another debt collection agency then it will be evident that you have sold this debt on with the knowledge that it is disputed and that I am not the individual liable for the debt. Should this occur then I will report you to the government bodies detailed above.

Nigellangton's reply to Darkestdawn's Comment

Written on: 13/05/2013

Many Many Thanks, i will use these letters as im also being hassled by Arvato as a result of a debt with 1&1 on an account which i cancelled.

Kind regards

Nigellangton's Response to darkestdawn's Review

Written on: 21/05/2013

Thankyou darkestdawn, i followed your advise and im now free.

Cheers

Darkestdawn's reply to Nigellangton's Comment

Written on: 21/05/2013

Glad to hear it :) Thanks for the update, all the best Dawn

Chasbryn's Response to darkestdawn's Review

Written on: 07/05/2013

I agree try to cancel a contract with 1&1 after they break the contract by upping the direct debit and you have this bunch of monkeys on your back. I too will be contacting the OFT.