Rapidgator Shady Subscription Tactics!

From 1 review
  • Ease Of Upload

jasoncooke93's review of RapidGator - www.rapidgator.net

“Rapidgator Shady Subscription Tactics!”

Written on: 12/08/2014 by jasoncooke93 (46 reviews written)

My number one rule when buying software online (which could potentially have a rolling subscription) is "Use Paypal", because if things go wrong, you'll get a refund without hesitation. In my experience at least. Doh! I broke this rule with Rapidgator - much to my regret.

If you pay for the 3 month package or above, you automatically go on a rolling subscription with auto-bill. A 1 month package does not. I knew this when buying and thought I'd sussed how to prevent the rolling subscription from auto-biling me at the end of the 3 month term. l believe I was deceived because...

When you login to your Rapidgator account > My Account > Profile, it states "Autorenew of premium when bandwidth is less than 50 GB" and this was set to "OFF" as I'd previously cancelled the subscription. So this to me says if I use less than 50GB during the subscription term, I won't be rebilled. Evidently not as my subscription has rolled over and rebilled me. Not Happy.

Rapidgator support, ignored my email/ticket for 5 days until I sent a second. Incidentally support tickets cannot be read, nor edited by the customer which is useless. When they came back to me they said to cancel the subscription you click; My Account > Profile > Modify Account Settings > Other > Cancel Current Subscription. That's hidden pretty deep Rapidgator! and what exactly does "Autorenew of premium when bandwidth is less than 50 GB" mean?

When I tried to cancel using their method, I didn't get a confirmation message, so my tip is to complete the cancellation process again, until you get one. The status also changes to "Re-enable current subscription" and on the main Profile page > Account Info > Show Cancelled Subscriptions Log, this will show if it's cancelled or not.

Rapidgator have refused to refund me for an account I haven't used in almost 3 months, (I used it once on the first day of my first subscription before the website I use for IM downloads changed file sharing services) and are happy to take my hard earned money for nothing in return. Shame on you Rapidgator.

So that's me done with Rapidgator and certainly no recommendations... Ever! Rapidgator deceptive tactics as far as I'm concerned.

Avoid!