Very low level customer service & terrible communication

tinseltoes's review of PhotoBox - www.photobox.co.uk

“Very low level customer service & terrible communication”

Written on: 19/12/2012 by tinseltoes (1 review written)

I was initially very taken with Photobox, it seemed in theory so easy, just load the pics to their website and choose a product. I used one of their offers and spent two weeks worth of evenings uploading photographs and compiling 2 x 100 page books. That was nearly a month ago, I received one of the books within a week of ordering it and was pleased with the service. So I ordered five calendars, which are much more basic than the ones I normally order from Apple (same price too) but still acceptable.
However the book that I really urgently needed - the one featuring all four of my children, an xmas present for my husband still has not arrived. I have phoned everyday for the last week but been on hold for up to 40 minutes at a time and only spoken to someone twice (am still waiting for their call-back three days later). I have emailed 10 times and received a generic email back not addressing the problem at all but telling me they had cancelled my order and would refund me!!! I then received an email saying my photos would need to be deleted and reuploaded as they could not be used (strange as I have had five calendars printed using them).
Not what you want to hear the week before Christmas and I feel very badly let down as I now do not have enough time order anything of a personal level at such a close date to Christmas - shame Photobox could not have told me there was a problem when I placed the order to save me all this aggro and disappointment. I have sent three emails to the same person today and still heard nothing. I am shocked at such a low level of customer service and terribly disappointed that I now don't have the book I spent so long planning and organising for my husbands Christmas present. I will be sticking to Apple (spot on and no price difference) and trying Blurb, Boots and Snapfish in the future as I hear they are just as good.

Visit photobox.co.uk

Aladabrowska's Response to tinseltoes's Review

Written on: 20/12/2012

Dear tinseltoes,

Many thanks for your review, I was very sorry to hear about your issues and I do understand your frustration. It saddens me to let you or any of our customers down, especially with such personal irreplaceable gifts.

We always appreciate comments from our customers so we can serve you better. Our Customer experience team will personally look into the issues you have had with your order.We value our customers greatly so our dedicated customer experience team would like to hear from you with further details. If you can email them at makegood@photobox.com all your details and your order reference number we will look into this for you.We look forward to hearing from you.

Regards