Reliable, repeatable & reasonably priced

peterbryenton's review of PhotoBox - www.photobox.co.uk

“Reliable, repeatable and reasonably priced”

Written on: 10/01/2012 by peterbryenton (3 reviews written)

In recent years I have often used Photobox to make books of photographs as original, personalised gifts for people. The on-line editing faciity makes choosing designs and layouts quick and easy.

The final products have been consistently good quality. Overall I think that Photobox gives reasonable value for money, especially when used with their special offers.

I think that making photo books is a far better way to present and share pictures of special occasions with family & friends than leaving digital images on a camera card or a hard drive where no-one ever sees them.

I would have liked to know how portrait/vertical format photos are cropped automatically when placed on landscape/horizontal pages. Now I shoot only landscape/horizontal format pictures when I know I will be making a book. This is a creative restriction which I can live at these prices with but I would like the designers at Photobox to address this issue in future.

There are other similar web services, so, as always, it pays to shop around.

Peter Bryenton