Engineers left a right mess in my house!!! not a happy man

• Reception

• Reliability

• Extra Features

JohnWilkie1969's review of Virgin Media

“Engineers left a right mess in my house!!! not a happy man”

Written on: 16/07/2013 by JohnWilkie1969 (1 review written)

I recently had 3 services installed and the engineers made a right mess of my house!!! I couldn't believe it they drilled a massive hole in the middle of my wall at the end leaving a huge huge chunk of plaster missing, and just went away leaving it. They left cables hanging down the wall, tied up in a huge round circle. Then to top it all, the super hub they provided with a 100Mbps service only delivers 19!!! Theres no hope in hell of getting through to an operator, their phone lines are torture. They play ultra loud music, then every 20 seconds tell you that you're still on hold, you have to hold it away from your ear then assume someone has answered only to get a blast of their stupid music in your ear, half deafening you!. When the phone was finally answered i was promissed an engineer visit to rectify the work, someone would "call me back" to arrange an appointment. That was late June. Its now mid August. I waited 25 minutes to speak to someone, usual routine, loud music and the same thing happened! Long ques and then they "couldn't find any record of my call". Im now contracted for 18 months with a poor broadband speed, a router that frequently disconnects and delivers poor speeds, a complete mess in my house (cables everywhere), a bill higher than promissed and a service not worth having. I wish id stayed with bt and sky, at least they were reliable. Cant believe im going to have to endure another 14 months of this rubbish. Im fuming! i really expected more given how they rate themselves so highly. My virgin media super netgear hub? I THREW IT ON THE GROUND!!!!

• Reception