Wish I had paid for bt instead, will cancel ASAP

• Reception

• Reliability

• Extra Features

payitdot's review of Primus Telecommunications

“Wish I had paid for bt instead, will cancel ASAP”

Written on: 19/07/2013 by payitdot (2 reviews written)

Decided to go with this provider because of the new phone line installation cost , that was much cheaper than BT. Inital phone call to take up the contract was very good, great forward thinking person. I was doing this on behalf of my mother in law,whose is 89 , walks with a frame, is registered blind and lives in a care home. I was told that it would be a BT engineer that would come and carry out the installation, we were given a time and date in about 2 weeks time. My mum in law has a chair by her bed and a table with a telephone point next to it. Where did the engineer connect the phone to ? ........over the otherwise of the room!! Remember, blind, walks with a frame,age 89 ! My husband called the BT man he said he would come back and change it. Did he come back ,NO. We called primus ,who couldn't care less really and told us to get an extension cable,we referred this to a supervisor and today back came the same answer, they won't do anything about it unless we paid between £150.00 to £180.00 to bring the engineer back. This is over three times of the initial installation cost. So thank you to the supervisor, for your caring and compassionate treatment of this lady.

• Reception

Primussaverrep's Response to payitdot's Review

Written on: 23/07/2013

Hello,

I am very sorry to hear about the issues you have experienced with the installation of your services.

If you could send me an email with the account details, I will look into this to see if there is anything we can do for you.

Many Thanks,
Jo

Payitdot's reply to Primussaverrep's Comment

Written on: 25/07/2013

her account number is PRR33366. I went there today to measure for an extension cable and found that there is already a cable that goes from the box where the phone has been connected to the box that is behind her chair. however when you plug the phone into the socket by the chair it does not work. surely this is something that should have been sorted out on the original appointment.

regards penny robinson