WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER

• Reception

• Reliability

• Extra Features

Wongy24's review of BT

“WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER”

Written on: 16/08/2011 by Wongy24 (1 review written)

Considering the fact that I have worked in several call centres over the last nine years, I know all about customer service and what it's supposed to be. After notifying BT that I was moving house, I wanted my phone and broadband service moving to my new house. I'd recently renewed my contract (before I knew that I was moving) for both phone and broadband over the phone and was told that I only had until the end of that call to change my mind, so had no opportunity to go through any terms and conditions. When it came to moving house, BT advised me that the MAXIMUM speed that I could get for broadband at the new house (1/4 mile away from old house) was 0.5meg compared to the 7.5 meg that I had already been getting. Luckily the first advisor I spoke to was lovely and advised me to look elsewhere (could get fibreoptic with Virgin) and I would not be held to contract in which she fully noted my account to this effect. Despite this after calling back to advise that I had signed up to Virgin for my broadband, the advisor refused to look through the notes despite me telling him what the previous advisor said, the manager at 1st did the same until I asked her several times if the calls are recorded and to listen to the call, she came back to me (had been on the phone 45 mins at this point!) and said that the previous advisor should not have advised me to look elsewhere but as she put notes on account, I could cancel my broadband without being held to contract. I was put back onto the advisor and gave him the date of move and tel no transfer to new house. I had to speak to BT twice after that to sort my incorrect bill out, also checking that they were still coming out on 21st march to install my phone no at new house. although they confirmed they had correct date in total of 3 times, they still cut my phone and broadband off at my old house, 10 days before I moved out. called them straight away with my mobile (which had barely any reception so had to sit on bathroom floor!!!) they said they wouldn't be able to get my phone line on til the following morning (saturday) and my broadband until the following wednesday!!! there explanation for broadband was that they use a separate company for any broadband issues! saturday am came and went with no phoneline resulting in another long call to BT and getting through to India meant that I had to explain the situation several times, the manager said that there was no way that I could get my phone line back at weekend assuring me it will be on at the latest tuesday evening. tuesday morning I phoned back again and although the advisor could see the notes from the manager on the saturday stating that he was going to ring thru to the correct dept on the monday, that manager had never been back into the account, so I was assured that it was definitely going to be done this time and I will have my phone line back on by wednesday. wednesday came and no phoneline, so another call to BT,this advisor made sure that this was going to get resolved but it was still friday when I got my phone and broadband back on and had to use a different tel no. when it came to my new phoneline at the new house, the BT engineer came and said he didn't have the correct order- although he knew what was supposed to have been done, BT had put down my old address down for the place to be dug and wires to be transferred and the engineer was not allowed to default from what it said on his jobsheet. another call to BT, was told that someone would be back out the same day (had to wait in all day from 8am to 8pm), nobody came and on my next call to BT I got through to the only advisor- Iain who cared and resolved my issue and complaint. the engineer was out 3 days later but this time the wrong tel no was registered and had to be changed back to my old tel no. after that I received a bill that had cancellation charges for broadband and installation charges for the broadband/ telephone line that installed temporarily after broadband and phone was cancelled too early at my old house. all in all I called BT more than 12 times spending more than 6 hours in total on the phone to them and was left without phone and broadband for 7 days- no wifi also meant next to no signal on my mobile phone at the old house. If I wasn't stressed enough with moving house and college, BT made my life hell- there was only 1 advisor- Iain who was absolutely fantastic providing excellent customer service, giving me a direct dial tel no and doing the work of about 10 people. other than that, as soon as I am out of my contract on my phoneline, I will be going to Virgin!

• Reception