"Interesting"

HelenVF's review of Dogsey www.dogsey.com

“"Interesting"”

Written on: 03/12/2012 by HelenVF (1 review written)

The good points - it's very active, friendly members, interesting topics.

Bad points - messages aren't private, they can, and are read by the Admin team, threads are locked/deleted when members don't agree with the Admin's views. Even go as far as members being banned for disagreeing. Toys are seriously thrown out of the pram.

Personal details aren't allowed to be given to each other, although that is recent as I know of Dogsey walks being organised which would be impossible if details weren't allowed to be given. I have met a few people I have met via the internet and have made great friends. This won't be possible on this board as you don't know who you are speaking to!

Social media sites are not allowed to be mentioned, nor are other websites with forums. It seems that Admin would like you only to belong to this site, which tbh, is a little bit overbearing. Again, a recent thing (social media sites), as I was in a private message (there were private then), with another member regarding my facebook name. In this day and age, social media is SUCH a large part of the WWW and our lives. I can't even think of a reason behind Admin's thoughts on this one.

Yes, I have been banned, so you could think I have a vendetta about it. Not really, I don't have the energy tbh, at the end of the day, it's only an internet forum, there are a lot more important things in life. What annoys me is that a number of reviews have been removed from this site and legal action threatened. Do you really want to get involved in a site that would do something like that?

Go and have a look, you may like it, but I don't like being told what I can and can't look at and who I can and can't contact. I am a grown up. It's been a LOOOONG time since anyone told me that!

Helen

Pleboo's Response to HelenVF's Review

Written on: 19/12/2012

I joined that place around 4 years ago - I made only 2 posts suggesting an owner with immense dog problems were caused by using to many food treats - My posts were blocked immediatly with scores of immature, non-intellectual, dangerous in general to dogs, posts.

I just never went back. So now the dregs of that cannine illiterate place winging about their own behaviour on that Dogsey forum. UK dog forums are dying anyway, too many dogs dameged beyond repair by advice from them, thelast few posts look like the wingers from Dogsey are now winging about their own years of active participation on the Dogsey place, typical.