Banned for having an opinion

Guest's review of Dogsey www.dogsey.com

“Banned for having an opinion”

Written on: 21/11/2012

No doubt I will be dubbed a troll by the forum admin for daring to leave a negative review, but I will let others make their own mind up. Supposedly a troublemaker, my apparent crime seems to be having my own opinion and a Facebook account. Banned for the forum and the only reasons I can think of is because I didn't think the idea of farmers driving around with water cannons or having to get licensed for tranquiliser guns (something that, spending 2 minutes on Google, becomes an obviously impractical and potentially dangerous solution due to the adverse effects tranquiliser darts have on humans) for dogs that are worrying their livestock. That, and someone asking me if I was on Facebook over PM, seems to have gotten me a ban. I have to assume these are the reasons, as the admin didn't even have the guts to give a reason!
Not that I was overly bothered, having walked away with I felt was overbearing, overcontrolling behaviour displayed by the admin when members had the gall to not share his personal opinions (despite being reminded that he had admitted previous for this and publically decided not to partake in debates anymore, as well as having had several incidents of breaking his own rules pointed out to him) and the ensuing reaction when members expressed their dissatisfaction. But it's OK, because his rules do encourage you to express when you have an issue with him. Unfortunately you have to do this in a private section of the forum where he will dismiss your opinion anyway, so what's the point!

Dogsey is alright forum most of the time thanks to the numerous friendly members happy to share their opinion, but dare to disagree with the almight admin and you will soon find yourself moderated, banned, shunned on the forum with some false story about being a troublemaker, all merely because you are an individual. My tip, walk away and find somewhere else, there are plenty of alternative forums out there.