Ignore the haters - Dogsey's great

Guest's review of Dogsey www.dogsey.com

“Ignore the haters - Dogsey's great”

Written on: 15/10/2012

I find it hilarious how we're supposed to take all the negative commenters here at their word, yet anyone posting a positive comment is immediately accused of being the site owner - when actually it's just as likely that the negative commenters here are ex-Dogsey members who were banned and flounced off looking for somewhere to vent their spleen (or even owners of competitor websites trying to gain an advantage).

I'm NOT the site owner (for what that's worth, since I know I can't prove it!) but I have been on Dogsey for years and I really really love it. They're a nice friendly bunch of people who welcome newcomers, so I don't know what all the "unfriendly to new members" comments are about. Sure, members come and members go, and you get the occasional one looking to stir up trouble but you get those people on all forums I've visited, and sooner or later they end up doing something that gets them banned. Like most banned members, they tend to leave with a chip on their shoulder and a determination to bring the site down, so all I can say is take their views with a pinch of salt.

Dogsey has been a fantastic source of information for me over the years that I've had my dog and I wouldn't be without it.

Pangolin's Comment

Written on: 21/11/2012

I don't think any of the "haters" are denying that they've been banned or flounced off and are venting their spleens. What IS relevant is why.
I, too, have used Dogsey for years and found it a great resource. I met several members in real life, maintained regular contact with a few of them and so on. But this reflects *on the members*. The reason I "flounced" off was nothing to do with them but the fact that the admin will blatently break his own rules (that we, as members, would get our posts moderated for) Several members decided to still give him another chance, out of loyalty for the site and the friendships they had made - yet many ended up on moderation (unable to post without a mod/admin approving it) or having their genuine questions about the situation removed or hidden away out of public view.

If the admin sees it as some sort of competition requiring tactics, that's up to him. Funnily enough, most people seem to be completely capable of being on more than one forum at once, and even, *gasp* able to be on Facebook as well. The admin has cut his nose off to spite his face because he is the one who has pushed these members away.

Lassie's Comment

Written on: 27/11/2012

What is making me laugh is how all the "flouncers" are now creeping back! hahaha

Mishflynn's Comment

Written on: 28/11/2012

no they are not creepy back lassie, infact hes losing more & more

Sillyputty's Comment

Written on: 28/11/2012

This comment says a lot about the writer and a lot more about the way people are viewed on this so called friendly forum.

It's very sad that this has happened but, as I said before, 145 people can't all be 'flouncers'.

Psg-'s Comment

Really? Like who?
I haven't logged on at all since I left a week or two ago.

Aren't people allowed to visit more than 1 dog website?
doesn't seem to think so!

Helenvf's Comment

Written on: 30/11/2012

We are all adults..I think? People can post where they like. We are not in the schoolground any more...or maybe you are?

Helen

Benmcfuzzylugs's Comment

Written on: 30/11/2012

Plenty people were more than happy to be members of both sites and had no intention of leaving Dogsey, they hoped that things would blow over as they have done in the past and things could carry on as usual, but issues with things like the morning post, the calander and the private messages not being private have put people off

Busgirl's Comment

Written on: 29/11/2012

You really are being very silly.......

I don't care if you are the owner or one of his lackies.

The truth is 150 active members left, and the owner is now desperately trying to save Dogsey. He's never been so active ever, he must be getting hardly any sleep.

Personally, I think it's karma for him - he reaped "nasty" and got his reward.

Justjoolz's Comment

Written on: 29/11/2012

I find it hilarious how we're supposed to take all the positive commenters here at their word, yet anyone posting a negative comment is immediately accused of being a banned member or of having "flounced off" or being a "hater", "stirring up trouble", "having a chip on their shoulder" lots of labels in there, just a small example of the mentality of such a friendly forum and what you can expect when you have a different opinion. A prime example of the bullying tactics used on the site. Very sad.