Excess

• Customer service

vsPotter272's review of E and L Pet Insurance www.eandl.co.uk

“Excess”

Written on: 20/09/2017 by vsPotter272 (1 review written)

DO NOT GO NEAR THIS COMPANY I HAVE LEARNT THE HARD WAY GO FOR A SET PREMIUM AND EXCESS. I have just made my 1st claim for my staffie who is nearly 10 following an op costing nearly £1400 I was required to pay up front and had to take a loan to cover it. Only after waiting nearly 3 weeks and making a complaint did I receive a settlement still yet to be paid but the most alarming fact is of my £1400 I am only getting back £864 as they have deducted £95.set excess followed by £468 a further 35% excess. They inform me this is because my dog is a senior and are liable to more claims and they do this so as not to increase monthly premiums I would prefer to know what I am paying. I have escalated my complaint and will be contacting the insurance ombudsman if needed.

Have you made a claim?

• Customer service

Manilow112's Comment

Written on: 16/10/2017

Yes double excess over £1000, 35% for dogs over 8years, 2 times £95 excess, i fared abit better i paid out £1295 got £1006 back, but my dog was under 8 years, reading reveiws some say they dont pay if injections are no up to date, this is un true as long as the ilness could not have been prevented by having uptdate vaccinations, your fine,, but remember dogs over 8 pay 35% towards cost