RSA takes over another pet insurance brand! ARGOS

• Customer service

Mypet's review of Argos Pet Insurance www.argos.co.uk

“RSA takes over another pet insurance brand! ARGOS”

Written on: 15/05/2012 by Mypet (2 reviews written)

Had dog insurance with Argos for 2 years with a retriever now aged 4. NO CLAIMS EVER.
Year 1 , £224
Year 2, £371 ( reduced after i called to ask why the hike)
Year 3 £585 ..........called to ask why & they were not interested just blamed VETS increasing their fees...noticed that RSA underwrite many different pet insurance brands and probably reduce the competition.
Will look at COOP , John Lewis or pet protect.

Have you made a claim?

Guest's Response to Mypet's Review

Written on: 26/05/2012

I have today received my renewal from Argos for insurance for our GSD Purdy now 6 years old. My monthly payments are increasing by 105% from £24.65 to £50.55. Their letter says and I quote "Argos is working to keep down the cost of your insurance......" WHAT???? We are being ripped off and can do nothing about it. I went onto Compare website and found nothing cheaper!!

Cojoba's Response to Mypet's Review

Written on: 10/08/2012

I completely sympathise with you, as my premium has gone up with Argos from £33 to £81 per month, despite never having had a claim.

I queried with Argos and was told the same as you, however I haven't let it drop and they have now admitted it is an extortianate price and are sending it off to their underwriters to look at. I am awaiting to hear.

I spent weeks reseraching pet insurances and argos came up best at the time as I have a dog who is over 10yrs old, and most policies have add on prices on their excesses in the small print.

Guest's Response to Mypet's Review

Written on: 12/06/2012

I have had the same problem, as have two friends! Trouble is I have made a claim 2 years ago, and to change would mean no cover going forward for any bone disease, not even if he was knocked over and broke a leg. Could be going insurance free at this rate. Any ideas out there?