Terrible service, no customer care, web site inaccurate

• Speed of Application

RichieCambs's review of Tesco Personal Loans

“Terrible service, no customer care, web site inaccurate ”

Written on: 28/06/2013 by RichieCambs (1 review written)

I had a previous loan with Tesco that I had paid off early but the website only asks if you have an existing loan - not if you have been a customer in the past. Completed the online application and had to wait for a week to get a decision because they said that I was an existing customer and they had to redo the application. I was told that I would have a decision in a few days, when I called they said the same again - we will let you know in a few days. When it was finally accepted, I was told I would receive paperwork in a few days. 7 days later, still no paperwork. Every time I speak to customer service, I'm told something different. They never inform their potential customers when delays or problems arise. As a result I've lost all the cars that I had listed to buy. Even if the paperwork arrives tomorrow (Saturday) I know I won't see the funds for at least another week.
Result? I'll cancel the loan and go to a service provider who actually does provide a service.
Recommendation: go elsewhere. There are plenty reputable loan companies offering low rates and an excellent service.

• Loan Rate