A high performance car at an affordable price

• Performance

• Practicality

• Reliability

johnfordjags's review of Lotus Elise 111S

“A high performance car at an affordable price”

Written on: 28/09/2017 by johnfordjags (1 review written)

As a track instructor who instructs people how to drive safely at high speed on an approved circuit I thort the Elise 111s Mk1 was in its own class considering it was under £25,000 new in 2000. Compaired to £100,000 + cars the Elise would out perform where it counts on handling. Yes on the straight the Elise did lack the power 143bhp compaired to 450bhp+ the competition did have a big advantage but power to weight ratio the Elise was not that far behind.
I purchased my own Elise 111s in 2000 with loads of factory extras I still have the car it has all its original components except the battery I have purchase 3 of them so far. As this car is standard throughout its fast enough for me on the public roads. The car has only covered 11,200 miles. I have maintained this car myself from new to the highest standard it is in mint condition as I am a retired mechanic. This Elise has been 100% reliable probably because I do not push the car. My Elise has probably been on the road 9 years out of the 17 and only been used on warm dry days in summer.This car is relay a fun car the boot may accommodate a couple of plastic bags. Its a sports car and nothing else. I find it now that getting in and out of this car is getting harder, that big sill seems to be getting higher and higher each year. I know at some stage the car will have to be sold just because I am getting older, the day this car is sold will be a sad day for me. To some up this preview, a great car a pocket rocket at on a small budget.

• 2000