Air Arms Field Diabolo .22

Kimm742's review of Air Arms Field .22

“Air Arms Field Diabolo .22”

Written on: 09/10/2011 by Kimm742 (60 reviews written)

My local gunshop were out of my usual RWS Superfield, didn't have any Superdomes either, so I thought I'd give these a try. Having got over the initial cost (ouch) I saw the little sticker on the bottom of the tin saying "5.51 mm Made in Czech Republik". Opened the tin, and was amazed. Every single pellet was absolutely perfect and flawlessly manufactured- total symmetry and not a micron of visual run-out anywhere.
Quite a plain pellet, in a classic domed-head shape, and every pellet absolutely identical to it's neighbour. Do I detect JSB here?
Didn't want to try them out of my Ultra because it's so ridiculously accurate with almost everything, so grabbed my Comet springer. A couple of shots with VFG felt cleaning pellets and away we went.
10 shots in the general direction of the target to lead the barrel, then 20 more shots with a bit more care and the gouping started to emerge. A couple more 5-shot groups and some scope adjustment and we're away.
Shooting prone at 25 yards, tore the middle out of the target- just a ragged hole where the bull used to be.
At 16 grains they're a touch heavier than my usual 14.5 grain fare, but they seemed to arrive on target just a touch quicker. The laws of physics say this shouldn't be the case, but I can only say what I found.
Moving away from paper targets and trying them out on things a bit more reactive, they seem to pack a fair old wallop. Mr Bunny would most definitely not survive one of these.
So- perfectly made, consistently highly accurate, and powerful.
Worth the money? I wouldn't hesitate to but more.