Does not do what it says on the tin!

Guest's review of Fellowes P45C

Fellowes P45C

“Does not do what it says on the tin!”

Written on: 19/04/2012

My second one and has failed on both occasions with the same problem! I thought the first failure was my fault but now realise after VERY careful use and following all the instructions this was not the case. Even though it should shred up to 6 sheets of standard thickness A4 paper it really struggles! Even doing one piece of paper at a time it gets badly clogged-up. Using the reverse function puts a huge strain on the motor and then going into normal mode again it just seizes! Try a credit card and it barely has enough umph to turn. As an electrical engineer I made an attempt at doing some repairs. Same fault both times very weak motor that had burnt-out. Fellowes do not supply any spares, so you have to throw the whole thing away which is a criminal waste! By the way I NEVER misused the machine. Only ran it very infrequently and then for very brief periods. It really isn't up to the job. Model is Fellowes P-45C. Will I buy again? Never!