Fantastic Fellowes

Ian2Deep's review of Fellowes Cross Cut Shredder P-60CS

Fellowes Cross Cut Shredder P-60CS

“Fantastic Fellowes”

Written on: 18/08/2013 by Ian2Deep (1 review written)

Have you ever bought something which works so well and works so hard that you wonder how you ever managed without it? Well that is where this Fellowes machine is placed in the scene.

Let me explain. I had been clearing my father's house of paperwork -which was a major task as I soon found out he threw nothing away. As identity theft seems to be common now, I decided everything must be shredded. Soon after I started this task, my faithful shredder gave up and died. I needed something better!

I looked around and found a Rexel shredder which not only could take a maximum of 12 pages at a time but looked smart and modern as well. Result! Well, this was until I started using it. It was slow, would not work longer than 2 minutes before overheating (no cooling vents you see) and taking the drawer out to empty it was a struggle if it was only slightly full with a resulting mess all over the floor! So it had to go back to the shop.

I looked harder for a replacement and found the Fellowes P-60CS. It is everything the Rexel was not. It is robustly made of black plastic and still looks stylish with rounded corners. It copes with anything up to 10 pages at once and does this for at least 30 minutes. I say at least, because I tried to make it overheat - it has a light to show this - and I failed. Added to this, the machine is quiet, fast, easy to empty and has an excellent safety cut-off to stop little fingers being injured - it really is the bees knees!