Would not use again

dyJohnson151's review of Etsy - www.etsy.com

“Would not use again”

Written on: 20/08/2017 by dyJohnson151 (1 review written)

I have today, received an invitation to Review the Eternity Rose, purchased recently, the company and product was satisfactory.

What is NOT so satisfactory, is the fact you (Etsy) Highlight the “FREE INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING”, therefore, please allow me to detail the additional costs for which I was invoiced, by your chosen shipping company FedEx,

1. VAT £31.10
(Purchase cost for the eternity rose £149.55 for which the VAT @20% = £29.91 not £31.10)
2. Import duty of £5.96 which is in line with expectations
3. There is also, an added “Advancement Fee” of £12.00 for which I would be obliged to have an explanation as this appears to be in direct contradiction to the suppliers FREE SHIPPING to UK policy.

This represents an additional cost of £49.06, which was not made clear at the time of purchase.

Further to this, you failed to advise me of the fact that the Eternity Rose Company, has a UK base which sells the same item at some £20 cheaper (Including VAT) had I been aware of this, I would have used this service, saving import duties and other associated costs.