Parsun 9.9 HP 4 stroke

Guest's review of Parsun 9.8hp Four Stroke

“Parsun 9.9 HP 4 stroke”

Written on: 22/01/2013

I bought this Parsun motor in 2008 on special. I used it 2 hours in 2009, it ran except it would jolt periodically, as though the propeller was hitting something but I was in deep water, so could not be. In 2010 and 2011 I used it a few hours, same thing but kept on running. In total I did around 8-10 hours of running a low to medium speed. I maintained it as indicated in the cryptic manual provided. Checked all oils, gear and motor, and stored it as indicated. In 2012 I took it out and after 15 minutes running it started jolting badly and just stopped. I had to row for 1.5 Km ( 1 mile approx.) before being towed by some friendly people. Now it seemed to have seized, the starter cord is just jammed solid. I took the engine cover off, the little locking handle broke in my hands! I just contacted a dealer to trade it, as is, for an Evinrude, but they say the parts are unavailable and don't even offer a penny for it. So I will have to have it fixed it to get rid of it, but would feel guilty selling this unreliable motor to some innocent person, so am I thinking of throwing it at the dump.

James6230's Comment

Written on: 12/08/2013

" I used it 2 hours in 2009, it ran except it would jolt periodically, "
why would you not take it back at this time for warranty instead of keep using it for another 3 years?? I understand you didn't use it often but you did keep using it