Hagon motorcycle suspension

From 1 review
  • Quality of design/construction?

jenkodog's review of Hagon Motorcycle Suspension

“Hagon motorcycle suspension”

Written on: 10/10/2011 by jenkodog (2 reviews written)

I bought a rear suspension unit for my BMW R1150R motorcycle a couple of years ago. I phoned Alf Hagon Suspension, 02085026222 (UK number), and they gave me sound advice. I bought a unit off them, a remote hydraulic adjustable shock. Preload and damping adjustable. They set the spring to your weight and bike. The handling of my BMW was transformed. It was good before, now it was even better. 2 years later I noticed a slight squeak as I got off the bike, so I took the shock off to check the bushes. Sure enough the bottom bush was bone dry and the seals perished. The top bush was still like new. I put this problem down to 1 of 2 things. Either it's because the lower suspension bush sits right above the catalytic converter so gets really hot and it bust the seals, or it could be my fault and I was too liberal with the muckoff cleaning fluid, which got into the linkage and bust the seals and dried the bush. Anyway, Hagon suggested I return the complete unit to them, even offered to pay the postage. They checked the whole shock, replaced top & bottom bushes and returned it all within 48hours, UNDER WARRANTY -FREE. Brilliant. Would I buy from them again? Definitely! Well recommended. British company, knowledgeable, expert, helpful, polite, a joy to deal with, and excellent value.

• Quality of design/construction?