Oatly Organic Milk Review

Guest's review of Oatly Organic Milk

Oatly Organic Milk

“I decided to give up dairy milk after realising that...”

Written on: 20/06/2012

I decided to give up dairy milk after realising that humans are the only species to drink another animal's milk beyond infancy and reading about the potential health problems associated with drinking milk. Also, I hadn't realised that it's not natural for cows to keep producing milk after their calf stops needing it. Therefore I decided it's morally/ethically wrong to drink it.
I've tried soya milk before which never tasted great, and I also read that that has its own disadvantages. So first I tried rice milk, but that separated when heated and made me feel a bit sick!
So then I found oat milk online and the idea of oats seemed to me like a much nicer taste, and one that I'm more used to. The main brand seemed to be Oatly, so I decided to try that, expecting it to be the best quality oat milk out there. It's also widely available-you can buy it from Waitrose, Tesco, Holland and Barrett and many other places so it wouldn't be a pain to introduce to your regular shopping list.
When we first bought it I was reluctant to open it because I had such high hopes of it...
And I'm pleased to say, it lived up to, in fact, beyond my expectations!
It's lovely. It tastes delicious but what I found great was that it tastes to me very much like cow's milk, which is what I've grown up with and is therefore 'normal' to my taste buds! Let me add here that my whole family who drink cows milk loved oatly too and had no criticisms of it!
Also, the first time I tried it was in hot chocolate and being heated up in the pan, it didn't separate or anything, just acted exactly the same as cow's milk always did.
To describe oat milk to you all, it looks like pancake mixture that's been completely mixed and is ready to be put in the frying pan!
My final point is that as it says on the carton, it gives you the same amount of calcium as cow's milk, so you're still getting the nutrients you need to replace when you give up cow's milk. It also contains vitamin D, which helps your body absorb the calcium.
So, as you will tell from this review, I definitely reommend this to absolutely everyone. This review is totally honest- I was thrilled once I'd tasted oatly and found myself my perfect milk:)