Don't Blame Microsoft for your cheap hardware!

reallyethical's review of Windows 8

Windows 8

“Don't Blame Microsoft for your cheap hardware!”

Written on: 02/02/2013 by reallyethical (7 reviews written)

Windows 8, the finger friendly operating system from Microsoft.

Its Windows but not as you know it, and if you read some of the reviews here and elsewhere on the net you will see it has been slated for the new UI (User Interface for the none technical reader).

I am an IT professional, I have worked with Microsoft Products since Windows 3.1 and we have a love hate relationship. To be honest I struggled for the first 10 mins playing with Windows 8, where to drag the program to close it, what tile did what etc...

My 8 year old daughter took to it like a duck to water, intuitive functional, fast and most importantly fun.

Having used Windows 8 for a while I must say I am overall very satisfied, there is a steep learning curve if your very technical but transversely it would appear to be simple for those who are not.

If you are buying Windows 8, DO NOT buy a cheap non touch device, its a finger friendly OS (Operating System), it was designed for you use a combination of touch and traditional HID's (Human Input Device / Keyboard, Mouse).

Can you imagine using a mouse to operate your smart phone?

All in all, a fast, stable (so far) and intuitive system, once you get over the shock its well worth the investment.

(My daughter would give it 5 stars but I am not that generous)