Written on: by joeC92 (4 reviews written)
Whoever thinks £70 for an operating system is a fair price is bonkers. £70 covers one license for one computer. If you're computer breaks and you need to get a new one, you need to get a new version of Windows 7 at £70 too.
And there are so many other things about Windows 7 that are just downright annoying. Here's some:
- Windows 7 continuously uses up some of your bandwidth to export usage statistics and other personal information away to their central databases. This is creepy.
- When you create a user who you think is an administrator, it is not actually a true administrator like on XP. No, there is a super secret administrator on your computer. I probably sound tin foil hat man by now so I'll write down the steps to unlocking it to prove I'm not.
1. Press start and type in command prompt.
2. Right-click on the command prompt program option and click 'Run as administrator'.
3. Type into command prompt the following, letter for letter:
net user administrator /active:yes
4. After seeing a successful message, close command prompt and then log out of Windows.
5. Voila. There is a new user on your accounts page, the true Administrator to your computer. This Administrator has all the rights to your computer that the other Administrator accounts you created should have.
- Windows 7 automatically assumes you are thick as pig excrement. Every feature in Windows 7 is designed for a toddler who has no clue about how to use a computer. It becomes beyond frustrating when you have to use Windows 7 for your day job and time and time again, you are treated as toddler by a machine. The UAC (User Account Control) pop up which appears on every program is one of the main irritations here.
Saying all that though, the GUI of Windows 7 is fantastic (so long as you use small icons on desktop and taskbar). In my opinion, you are paying £70 for a fantastic GUI and not much else.
" Edge Browser Is A Backward Step " Read More
Written by Dan from Dinas
" Linspire has been discontinued " Read More
Written by Duke_Nukem
" Windows 8 " Read More
" Windows 7 or 8 and Microsoft products isn't for everyone. " Read More
Written by Dr.PJ
" Linux (Windows Alternative) " Read More
Written by Duke_Nukem