YOU MAY NOT RECEIVE BY WEDDING

mythos1801's review of A Wedding Less Ordinary - www.aweddinglessordinary.co.uk

“YOU MAY NOT RECEIVE BY WEDDING ”

Written on: 18/04/2012 by mythos1801 (1 review written)

On 4 March 2012 I ordered personalised napkins for my son's wedding which was to be on 6 April 2012. A late decision on my part to order these, but as the company's site indicated a 10-day delivery date I saw no problem in the 'late' order. I also presumed they would e-mail me if the date couldn't be met. Money for the order was taken from my account on 5 March 2012; the day after I placed the order.
On 31 March 2012 I was somewhat concerned that the napkins hadn't been delivered; the wedding date being the 6 April! I e-mailed the company (not possible to contact them by phone). I was eventually told that they were waiting despatch from their supplier, but anticipated it being within a few days. I said I was away for a few days so may not be available to take delivery. I was then asked if I could provide an alternate delivery address; which I did. The napkins were still not delivered!
On 12 April 2012 the napkins arrived; 6 days AFTER the wedding date & only after 3 further e-mails from me; one where I threatened to involve Trading Standards, which I fully intended to do!!
As it happens, although NOT known by the Company, my son's wedding was in Las Vegas on 6 April & I didn't want the napkins for that date; I wanted them for the UK wedding party on 14 April so luckily was able to use them. The Company, however, was ABSOLUTELY NOT AWARE OF THAT. This means they still despatched a personalised item, 6 days after the date it was needed for. Would have been extremely disappointing had they been needed for the actual wedding date. Would also have been a complete waste of money!
From my experience, I would recommend extreme care before anyone chooses to order from this company. You may be extremely disappointed if you do, and may also be out of pocket as the items may well not arrive until after your wedding day; if they arrive at all.

Guest's Response to mythos1801's Review

Written on: 22/05/2012

I have literally just encounted an extremely similar situation as you with this company - can't believe it! I will post my own review.

Guest's Response to mythos1801's Review

Written on: 21/06/2012

I am experiencing the same situation with this company...honestly! I placed my order online 5th June 2012 and made enquiry about delivery dates on 16th June 2012 the only response I received was a standard response with no concern about customers. Totally disappointing!