second hand goods & rude staff

Robertjohnburrows's review of Toys R Us UK - www.toysrus.co.uk

“second hand goods and rude staff”

Written on: 12/01/2013 by Robertjohnburrows (1 review written)

Before christmas I bought a Cupcake kitchen for our twin grand daughters, wrapped it up for christmas and gave it to them on xmas day. However when the grand children opened up the box, the kitchen was second hand and somebody had previously put the kitchen together, then dismantled it. I could not take the kitchen back from the children on christmas day, so I put the kitchen together for them. I wrote to the manager at Southampton branch but after 2 weeks I had not received a reply. I therefore phoned the store to speak to the manager, but was put through to a girl called Lauren. This young girl informed me that it is company policy that I should bring it back to receive a refund and that is it, goodbye. I asked for her name but she put the phone down, so I had to phone back again, but she would only give me her christian name and again this was company policy. I had not even asked for a refund of anything else, I was making a complaint because the kitchen was second hand. It just seemed that this is the way they talk to people, I had not been aggressive or loud, but I was treated in such a could not care less attitude.

Cadjacqui's Response to Robertjohnburrows's Review

Written on: 28/05/2014

I agree.
Staff at store and customer services where completely dismissive which is worrying when my concerns where about a choking hazard with a baby play mat.
Will never use this store again.