disgraceful!

Guest's review of Otherland Toys - www.otherlandtoys.co.uk

“disgraceful!”

Written on: 22/08/2012

I had been doing a shopping search as I wanted to buy one of the Happy Hopperz for my child. I then came across Otherlandtoys.co.uk as they were a few pounds cheaper than some of the other online stores. I thought 'great', so I proceeded and bought the item. 3-4 days later, the item was delivered in the post and both myself and my son were excited and opened the package straight away. Upon opening the outer box, the actual product box was shabby and had already been unsealed. Then I looked at the item, which quite frankly was dirty and covered in grubby marks. The advert on the website stated that the product had a 12+months age rating, when infact the box of this item clearly stated 3years +. The advert on the website stated that there would be a pump included, there was not a pump included. Very disappointed at this, i emailed otherlandtoys straight away and they replied to me a few hours later. They tried to make out that the listing was via Amazon and Amazon had incorrectly listed the item. Very strange, as I saw and ordered the item off their wesite, not Amazon. Anyway, they instructed me to pack the item back up and send it back to them and they would issue me a full refund for the item, and also refund me the postage which i had to spend out of my own pocket returning a faulty item. A few days after i posted the item back to them, i emailled them to find out if they had recived it yet. I actaully ended up having to email them 2 or 3 times before i actually got a response from them. They eventually emailed back saying they had recieved the item. I then had to email again several times to ask about when i would recieve my refund. Just over a week later, i recieved my refund, minus the postage I had to pay to return the item. They told me they would send me a cheque for the postage amount. 5 emails and nearly 3 weeks later i have had no response, no acknowledgement and no cheque. So all in all i have no item and i am out of pocket by around £6.
I am so angry with this company. They are liars and theives with absolutely terrible customer service and funnily enough they have no phone number on their website so i cannot even ring them. If i had the chance to mark this company as no stars, then i would. They are beyond terrible!
DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!