very poor customer service, shame because lovely products

From 1 review

hostelgirl's review of Myriad Natural Toys - www.myriadonline.co.uk

“very poor customer service, shame because lovely products”

Written on: 17/01/2014 by hostelgirl (3 reviews written)

I was really pleased when i discovered this website because the toys are very creative,original and natural. I ordered a catalogue and saw the items fitted in well with my child's steiner group. Yes, they are a bit pricey but I was willing to pay because i assumed the quality/customer service would be good.

I ordered a toy tree house, some woodland figures and treehouse furniture for my child and put them away for Christmas. I spent a lot of money but The transaction was fine and they arrived promptly and well packaged.

The problems started when he began to play with them and i contacted customer service.
One of the figures was broken (foot came off) on Boxing Day. I paid £17.95 for a set of 6 and were marketed with the treehouse so one would assume they were up to being played with so I put this down to bad luck as my child was not particluarly rough with them. When a foot came off another figure on New Years Day I contacted customer services.

I contacted the company on 1st January. I appreciate this was New Years Day but I did not receive a reply back until the 8th. I requested compensation or an exchange. They told me to send photos. I did this same day. I heard nothing so I chased this up on the 13th. I then got an email saying i could have a 50% discount or a replacement of the faulty figures. I told them i wanted the 50% discount and chose some alternative figures. They then emailed me to say that they meant the original figures and not alternatives and i wouldnt be able to have a discount if i wanted different ones. Obviously I didn't want the same figures, 2 of which had already broken! I did not trust their quality.

None these emails contained the name of a member of staff who was dealing with me, and some did not even contain a greeting standard - Dear/Hello etc. The email suggested i sent back the figures even though the photos had already shown the issue. There was no suggestion the postage would be paid.

All in all I found the experience a very poor one. I emailed the company one last time to tell them how disappointed I was but to no avail. They could only offer me the same options.

I would not use this company again and was very unhappy with the quality of this product and the "aftercare" I received.