Worst online store

Guest's review of Forbidden Planet - www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk

“Worst online store”

Written on: 03/08/2011

Ordered Essential Spider-Man vol. 4 & 5 & Essential Dr. Strange vol. 4. A week after placing my order, I got an email telling me Spidey Vol. 5 wasn't just out of stock, but actually out of print! But, I could phone Forbidden Planet and tell them if I wanted to keep my order open to some nebulous date in the future when it might come back in print. Excuse me? Why do I have to call you? Well, there's no way on the website to send an email tracing your order, so I called at 3:00 in the afternoon, only to get a recorded message telling me to call between the hours of 9 & 5. Last I checked 3 was between 9 & 5.
Called again the next day, and spoke to a clearly disinterested staff member. Asked if I could change my order from Spidey vol. 5 to Dr. Strange vol. 3. Nope, that book was out of print too, even though both books are clearly for sale on the site.
Emailed a complaint and got a reply that basically said: Well, that's the way we do business. We can't update the site regularly to keep it live enough to take into account out of print books.
Let it go for another week, but still hadn't heard anything so called to cancel order. Miraculously, the second I called they were ' just putting my order together'. Cancelled the order. I will NEVER use Forbidden Planet again and would advise everyone else to do the same.

• Online Store