Unreliable, DO NOT PRE-ORDER

Stigweird85's review of Forbidden Planet Ltd - www.forbiddenplanet.com

“Unreliable, DO NOT PRE-ORDER”

Written on: 28/02/2013 by Stigweird85 (1 review written)

Over the last few years I have placed multiple orders with ForbiddenPlanet.com mostly for limited run collectible items.

Forbidden Planet has yet to deliver one of these orders successfully. The first failure was a replica Captain America shield which I pre-ordered, it was delayed numerous times (I was never informed unless I specially asked for an update) and eventually cancelled (again I was only told of this once I contacted them)

The next item was another limited edition pre-order, the ship date came and went and nothing. Eventually I found it available (Amazon) for cheaper than my pre-order price.

The next pre-order (A replica gun from Mass Effect) was delivered albeit after several delays (none of which I was informed about) but arrived in a horrible condition. Both the inside and outside packaging was damaged and the item itself was broken. This was quickly sent back and refunded.

Giving them one last chance I placed more orders, once again pre-orders of limited run items. This time I did get an e-mail saying it was delayed (although it is available elsewhere)

To end on a positive note, they were able to send a set of playing cards, a book and a keying (total value approx £30)

TL:DR Version

If the item is from a mass production run then you should have no problems. If it is a limited run item or an expensive item or both, try and find an alternative supplier.

• Goods purchased & cost