Expensive & very slow delivery.Dont use their online shop!

andysadler's review of Forbidden Planet International - www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk

“Expensive and very slow delivery.Dont use their online...”

Written on: 26/11/2012 by andysadler (1 review written)

I ordered my item as a leaving present but missed my opportunity to give it due to the time it took to come.

I placed the order on the 6th Nov, I wasn't expecting the order to be processed on the same day but it wasn't even dispatched until the 16th Nov and was delivered 19th Nov, a full 13 days later. Having paid £2.50 for delivery I can't see how this is at all acceptable. Taking the above into consideration and my disappointment in not having a little leaving gift for my friend, I won't be using their online shop again.

I emailed a version of the above to them and got an email saying I could return it but I would have to pay for delivery. Considering the original item was £10, that would mean I would be spending half its value on a postage round-trip and be empty handed in the end.

Bad customer service in my opinion. More fool me for not Googling their delivery times pre-ordering.

The item was excellent so if you don't mind paying delivery at a cost maybe 5 times what it should be (in my opinion, based on this experience) and are ordering a month in advance (just in case), then it might be worth the compromise *if* you can't find it anywhere else.

• Goods purchased & cost