Wimbledon Men's Final Tickets - NOT SOLD??????

• Selection of tickets available

• Ease of ordering

• Customer service

madmontydong69's review of Viagogo - www.viagogo.co.uk

“Wimbledon Men's Final Tickets - NOT SOLD??????”

Written on: 08/07/2013 by madmontydong69 (1 review written)

I am writing this review to inform you of my own personal experience with Viagogo.

This is the first time I have sold anything outside of ebay and I was looking for a reputable ticket vendor to sell my wimbledon's men's final debenture tickets through.

I looked at stubhub, getmein, seatwave and a number of other ticket sites and decided on viagogo in the end.

My tickets were two of the best seats in centre court - section 203, row D. Right opposite the net and behind the umpire and players. The debenture tickets also include a meal for two, parking and entry to the exclusive debenture lounge.

I listed the tickets on viagogo for £10,000 each, which was very much in the middle in terms of pricing. The lowest seats were £4,500 and the highest being £35,500 per ticket.

As the week went on and Murray go into the final with Djokovic, I thought the tickets would sell easily - great seats and one of the best men's wimbeldon finals in years. The first time a brit/scot could win wimbledon in over 70 years.

THE TICKETS DID NOT SELL AND AS I SENT THEM TO THE LAST MINUTE SALES OFFICE, IT MEANT THAT I WOULD HAVE TO GO TO VICTORIA ON THE DAY TO COLLECT THEM. I DID NOT ATTEND AND LOST £7500!!!

I had never in a million years assumed that these tickets would not sell and cannot understand what I did wrong? They were not expensive tickets for absolutely great seats and I have to say am left puzzled by the whole affair??? I can't even put it down to recession, as these tickets are meant for more affluent individuals?

I will not be using viagogo again. They charge a high seller fee and also the purchaser has to pay a lot on top of the purchase price.

• Wimbeldon

Booking fee

Visit viagogo.co.uk

Andiamo's Response to madmontydong69's Review

Written on: 08/07/2013

Shouldn't think Viagogo will be shedding any tears over losing you as a customer. To make money they need to sell tickets. And to do that the tickets have to be priced realistically.

I agree with you here.

What is realistic for a wimbledon final seat though? In the papers ticket sites claim to have been selling tickets to the final for as much as £30-40,000 pounds each. Maybe this was a little bit exaggerated in the press - people had listed them for sale at these prices, but did anyone actually buy at these prices?

No one guarantees to sell your tickets and I am not bitter about not selling through viagogo. If my ticket prices were too high, then so be it. I am just passing on my personal experience of the whole affair.

I think that my tickets were priced reasonably. These are not for the average person like me, these are for more affluent individuals who appreciate what wimbledon has to offer and the whole package and debenture service.

The seller fees and buyer fees are high in my opinion only. That is my own personal feeling, which I think I am entitled to express.

I think it would be good to charge the seller for selling the tickets but be free to the buyer in future - again in my opinion :)

Viagogo is probably a good site to buy and sell tickets? Have no opinion on this either way - just saying that this is my experience and will not be using them again.

Andiamo's reply to Madmontydong69's Comment

Written on: 08/07/2013

It's not the ticket sites claiming to sell tickets at these prices - it's the press reporting they are ON SALE at these prices. A subtle difference.

However, I do take issue with your statement that these packages are only for affluent people. They are for anyone, whether they have to scrimp and save or whether they can shell out the money without a second thought.

The amount charged by Viagogo is only a small percentage of the price you were asking. It wasn't Viagogo that hiked up the price; it was you. So you are an "average" person who just happens to be able to buy Wimbledon debenture seats?

Written on: 08/07/2013

Thanks Andiamo for your comments.

I take your point, however, please do not refer to me as an "average" person. You have no idea who I am or what my background is.

Nothing is certain in life. I bought the tickets for a high price - with the view to selling them for a high price. Didn't work out. Time to move on here!

Andiamo's reply to Madmontydong69's Comment

Written on: 08/07/2013

See previous comments - it was you who described yourself as an average person. Obviously inaccurate. The average person is not a ticket tout.

Written on: 08/07/2013

OK. Let's end this dialogue here.

I have given my rating and opinion (which I am entitled to do). I have said nothing libellous in this post, only put down my personal feelings.

My rating is based on my experience - like it or not. There is no right or wrong rating on a review website. It is a very personal thing which no one can influence.

Whether the tickets were over priced (which I do not believe they were based on hundreds of others being sold) or whether the site was ineffective, did not drive enough customers, their fees were too high...... who knows. My tickets did not sell through viagogo and clearly I am not very happy about it - that is that.

I would have preferred to sell via auction through another vendor such as ebay - but they stopped this so thought I would try it.

I am not blaming them or anyone else here. I am not a tout. I tried to take advantage of a one off opportunity to sell some debenture tickets and make some profit and it didn't work out. It is perfectly legal to buy and sell these tickets in the marketplace.

Enjoy the rest of the week.

Onestoptickets's Response to madmontydong69's Review

Written on: 08/07/2013

Make sure you get them to post back unused so you know you haven't been bumped,

Madmontydong69's reply to Onestoptickets's Comment