Fraudulent tickets - terrible communications.

• Selection of tickets available

• Ease of ordering

• Customer service

LaughingJohn's review of Viagogo - www.viagogo.co.uk

“Fraudulent tickets - terrible communications. ”

Written on: 03/07/2013 by LaughingJohn (1 review written)

I bought e-tickets to see Bruce Springsteen at Hard Rock Calling. We got them in time but upon arrival at the venue were told that the tickets were invalid - they'd seen several of them and they were bought by the seller using a stolen credit card.

The saving grace was that tickets were available at the venue, otherwise I'd have been very disappointed.

Whilst I accept that it is the seller behaving fraudulently, not viagogo, these sites clearly need to do more to verify tickets are genuine and as described. I have sent 2 emails (one before payment was processed) and the payment was still processed, has not been refunded and I have not even had a reply. I am starting a dispute of the transaction via my credit card company.

Clearly it's the luck of the draw on these sites, it's genuinely the first time I've used a "secondary" ticket seller and I won't be using one again.

If you do, make sure you use a credit card (or paypal?) which gives some protection should things could and do go wrong!

My advice, is avoid them. Until these sites have some way of verifying sold tickets as genuine they're just a lottery.

• Hard Rock Calling - Sunday