Complete Shambles

• Ease of ordering

• Customer service

JoMK's review of Viagogo - www.viagogo.co.uk

“Complete Shambles”

Written on: 06/12/2012 by JoMK (1 review written)

Sadly it was far too easy to book tickets on the Viagogo website, actually receiving the tickets is another matter. Despite a 100% guarantee for which I was prepared to pay a premium they will not chase up sellers or engage in discussion with you until 3 days before an event - this is obviously far too late to come to a satisfactory conclusion if the seller has not despatched the tickets.
We ordered Gary Barlow tickets in October for 7/12, when they hadn't been despatched 3 days before I contacted Viagogo, their customer service is non-existent and their 'solutions' were abysmal! Despite still advertising tickets for the same date and venue they would not offer an alternative until 2 days before the event and only after numerous phone calls by me. When they eventually offered an alternative they were significantly worse seating than my original order but they could not confirm the discount they would offer.
30 minutes later I got a phone call, not to confirm the discount but to say those tickets weren't available but to offer a different alternative. By now I had no confidence in delivery of any type of ticket ever appearing and demanded a refund. In the one tiny instance of acceptable customer service I received an email within 10 minutes confirming the refund but no apology.
Their staff are next to useless, trying to obtain the name of a manager or speak to anyone with a hint of authority is a sheer impossibility. Having paid £400 for 4 tickets, paid and booked for train and hotel and discovering 2 days before the event that the company responsible is an incompetent bunch of cowboys who seem incapable of understanding their own guarantee I did not appreciate being told to 'calm down'!!
Despite the evidence to the contrary I don't believe they have a good choice of tickets because there is no guarantee that any tickets advertise will ever be delivered or even exist.
I appreciate that the company is just the middle man but if you are going to perform that function recognise the need to deal with sellers who renege on their side of the deal in time to provide a satisfactory solution to buyers who have trusted and relied on the completely worthless 100% guarantee. The only thing 100% guaranteed is dissatisfaction.
Viagogo should be changing their name to ViaNoNo.

• Gary Barlow

Visit viagogo.co.uk

Emmanuel.viagogoofficial's Response to JoMK's Review

Written on: 07/12/2012

Hi there,

We are sorry to hear about your poor experience, can we please have your transaction ID so we can look into your order in more detail?

Thanks
The viagogo team!

Jomk's reply to Emmanuel.viagogoofficial's Comment

Written on: 10/12/2012

The Transaction ID is 2565837 but as it is now 3 days after the event I am interested to know what possible outcome you think you can achieve that will improve my view of the incompetence and poor service your company delivers?

Nickcrosswaite's Response to JoMK's Review

Written on: 17/12/2012

please contact watch dog, similar thing happened to me and i have contacted watch dog if more of us do it they might help us.please do it only takes 2 mins

Trout21's Response to JoMK's Review

Written on: 17/12/2012

I know how you fee. On 18th June I paid for 7 tickets for the Andre Rieu concert at the 02 arena, Sunday 16th December 2012. I chose seats opposite the stage for a good view. On the previous Monday when tracking my order I read that the tickets could come a few days before the event. Prior to Xmas I was concerned, so rang the number I used to order the tickets. No longer in use! I tried another which was a premium rate number! An automated message. Eventually I was told to press 9 to speak to a real person. Not so. All previous messages were repeated. The the message this call is now terminating. The next day I received an email from (name removed) saying the seller had not provided them with our tickets and how flexible was I. I phoned and spoke to (name removed) after some pressing numbers and waiting. Premium rate again. She assured me that she could get us tickets but not altogether.The next day another email from a different person. We were getting 4 etickets and the other 3 would be delivered on Thursday 13th, so someone had to be in to sign for them. They duly arrived pm and were good tickets. Face value £5 more than I paid. The other 4 were in 2 different setcions of the highest tier, such that Andre Rieu and the orchestra looked like ants. Admittedly there were 2 large screens but I could have watched the concert from the confort of my own home. These tickets were issued by Ticketmaster with someone else's names on they and at £45 less face value. We sat with a lady who had paid for 3 tickets from viagogo and only received one. To avoid disappointment for her parents she paid for 2 more tickets. I hope this is a lesson to others. Alex Symons (Southampton)

viagogo.co.uk