Useless - 'mixed up' hotel booking & ruined holiday

• Selection of tickets available

• Ease of ordering

• Customer service

CarefulConsumer's review of Ticket Tree www.tickettree.com

“Useless - 'mixed up' hotel booking and ruined holiday”

Written on: 02/03/2013 by CarefulConsumer (2 reviews written)

Absolutely useless company. Booked a hotel stay through them for a Christmas trip, only for them to send a brief last minute e-mail saying there had been a 'mix up' and the rooms I'd booked were no longer available. This then meant I had to cancel the entire trip, disappointing family and friends who were travelling from around the country to go with me.

Then, in the evening of what would have been the first day of the trip, the rooms were available - but obviously far too late for anyone to attend, especially given the distances some of us would have been travelling. As such, they then refused to refund the cost of the hotel rooms, saying that they had provided them and it was my fault I couldn't attend.

All in all, terrible service, and even worse customer service - rude, inefficient and unfriendly. They absolutely ruined what should have been a special occasion, and I would strongly suggest anyone avoid booking with them.

• Customer service

Tickettree.com's Response to CarefulConsumer's Review

Written on: 03/04/2013

Hi, I'm Phil Allen, a director at TicketTree.com.

Given that we have very few complaints it was quite easy to find the booking that this review relates to. We did our utmost to contact you with the contact details provided by yourself to inform you that there was possibly an issue with your booking, when you got back in touch with us a week later, on the day of departure, to say that you were unhappy we got back to you within 20 minutes to confirm that everything was as originally booked (upgraded even). We strive to offer an excellent service and when we do make a mistake we certainly learn from it, hence why we've been around to celebrate our 10th birthday last year.