unethical & probably illegal

• Selection of tickets available

• Ease of ordering

• Customer service

slewis123's review of Seatwave - www.seatwave.com

“unethical and probably illegal”

Written on: 06/09/2013 by slewis123 (1 review written)

I am horrified at the thought that Seatwave is allowed to operate.

I brought two tickets to a Leonard Cohen concert which was re scheduled at Leeds Arena. We can't attend and Seatwave say its nothing to do with them as they are a secondary market. I have to go through a ridiculous and time consuming process with the insurers to 'consider my claim'.

Their customer service is non existent. To add insult to injury the face value of the tickets i spent £54.50 each on plus £10 booking fee plus handling is £25!!

Have reported to Trading Standards.

Disgusted

Booking fee

Visit seatwave.com

Andiamo's Response to slewis123's Review

Written on: 06/09/2013

Why didn't you check the terms and conditions before you bought the tickets? Had the concert been cancelled you would have received a full refund. As it is just rescheduled you are not entitled to one. Why don't you list your tickets for sale on Seatwave?

Slewis123's reply to Andiamo's Comment

Written on: 08/09/2013

Hello,

I think the Trades Description Act takes presidence, the tickets were not fit for purpose.

I did not list the tickets as I would not have go anything like the £65 each I spent on them, interestingly they have a face value of £25.

Andiamo's reply to Slewis123's Comment

Written on: 09/09/2013

Although Seatwave's terms and conditions state that you won't get a refund for a rescheduled concert (unless you took out extra insurance) it looks as if you might be correct as far as the Trades Description Act goes.

Seatwaveteam's Response to slewis123's Review

Written on: 09/09/2013

Hi there,

The reason the price stated on the ticket is different to what you have paid is because seatwave is an online marketplace, where people can buy and sell tickets. Prices are set by sellers when they list their tickets on seatwave.

We believe that fans should have the right to do what they want with tickets they have bought, including selling them at the going market rate if they choose to. Sellers can list tickets to any event of their choosing and can select their own selling price. We provide tools that show the market value of their tickets on our exchange over time.

Buyers on our platform have access to the same marketplace information, allowing them to make calculated decisions on seat location and the best time to buy tickets. We have several features on our buying page that help you to narrow your search to your specific requirements. One of those features is a sliding scale price bar where you can select a maximum price and only the tickets within your selected price range will appear so you can choose exactly how much you would like to spend.

We can assure you that the face value is shown for every transaction on the buying page before you go to the next step and enter your payment details and we’re sorry if you feel this was not clear, as we go to great lengths to develop our website and make it as user friendly and transparent as possible.

Our priority is to make buying tickets as simple as possible, to get you to your chosen event and to support you along the way.

If an event is rescheduled and you are unable to make the new date, you can either list your tickets on Seatwave or if you have purchased TicketCover premium you are eligible to make a claim with our Insurance. Seatwave itself does not issue refunds on rescheduled events as we are an online marketplace and the tickets you have received are still valid for the new date. However, our TicketCover premium will cover you, if you are unable to attend the new date.

We welcome your feedback.

seatwave

Slewis123's reply to Seatwaveteam's Comment

Written on: 10/09/2013

Hello,

Why would I have paid £65 or £25 tickets? this clearly makes no sense. The first time I saw the face value was printed on the tickets. I thought I was purchasing through a vendor not a 'market place'.

I did buy insurance. I was not assured of a refund at all but had to send three emails and fill out forms and provide evidence of prior engagement. All this for the insurers to 'consider my request'.

Furthermore I don't see what it has to do with insurers. I brought tickets for a concert in a certain venue on a certain date. If this is not provided the fault is at the supply end not with me.

Your customer service was shocking, I was left feeling ripped off and frustrated.

I welcome your response.