DISGUSTING !!!!! DONT BUY FROM THIS SITE!!!!!!

• Selection of tickets available

• Ease of ordering

• Customer service

AlmostAnAngel's review of Seatwave - www.seatwave.com

“DISGUSTING !!!!! DONT BUY FROM THIS SITE!!!!!!”

Written on: 28/08/2013 by AlmostAnAngel (1 review written)

I booked out Alan Carr tickets on 8/8/13 as a birthday present on 31st Aug. I waited patiently for them then started to worry so I called the customer help desk to be told repeatedly that I had to wait 7 days before the event which i did but the next week was 26th which was a bank holiday I called again repeatedly on Tuesday and Wendsday and was told repeatly that Seatwave had attempted to contact the seller. When i dug deeper i was told that they couldnt contact the seller and that they may have sold the tickets to someone else as the seller was an individual!!!! and that they would give until 28/8/13 at 2pm to respond... I explained that if they didnt respond by 1pm they werent going to respond by 2pm!!! Then Seatwave explained that the seller would be charged £50 for not contacting them!!!

I am totally disgusted that I had to pay a charge that was totally inflated and that the seller has probably made a profit on my ticket even if sold else where. And that Seatwave have made a profit to by charging a £50 admin charge.

NONE or the customer service staff are helpfull they wont put me through to a manager... they are incapable of getting my tickets to me... im left without them as a birthday present. im now again on hold and have been for 20 mins now. Basically they (seatwave) have ripped me off the emotional and physical chasing of this have took its toll Seatwave have had my money now for over 20 days what have they been doing with this investing it and also making money from my telephone calls.

I did recieve a call back and i have requested a refund! but Seatwave are insistant that thye have done nothing wrong. I asked who the CEO but they refused to tell me that persons name.

THIS COMPANY ARE ONLY MAKING MONEY BY OFFERING FASLE PROMISES OF TICKETS WHILST MAKING MONEY ON THE TICKETS YOU BUY AND ADMIN FEES THEY CHARGE TO SELLERS WHO PROBABLY SELL THE TICKETS ELSE WHERE CLOSER TO THE DATE!!!!!

• York Grand Opera House

Booking fee

Visit seatwave.com

Andiamo's Response to AlmostAnAngel's Review

Written on: 29/08/2013

Seatwave is a re-selling site which is very clearly explained on their website. They do not sell tickets themselves; they act as a platform for individuals who want to buy or sell tickets. The actual face value of the ticket is very clearly displayed before you commit to buying and it's up to you if you want to pay face value or not.
These safeguards are in place to protect the buyer. If Seatwave are unable to source replacement tickets the buyer will receive a full refund. They are an honourable company and I am 100% sure that you will either receive your tickets in time, or, alternatively, a full refund.

Almostanangel's reply to Andiamo's Comment

Written on: 29/08/2013

service was bad!..... you make money from charging £50 admin fee when sellers when they dont deliver ....you make money by having my MONEY for over 20 DAYS!!!!! you also make money by me calling you repeatdly and getting no where.... your customer services is RUBBISH

YOUR A TOTAL LET DOWN AND DONT CARE ABOUT THE END USER YOU HAVE MADE THAT ABUDANTLY CLEAR BY YOUR GET OUT CLAUSE OF WERE A RE SELLER!!!!!

WELL IM A CUSTOMER AND YOUR SERVICE WAS RUBBISH!!!! THERE ARE NO SAFE GUARDS TO THE END USER

DONT BUY FROM THIS SITE!!!!!! DONT BUY FROM THIS SITE!!!!!! DONT BUY FROM THIS SITE!!!!!! DONT BUY FROM THIS SITE!!!!!!

Andiamo's reply to Almostanangel's Comment

Written on: 29/08/2013

You have replied to me as if I work for Seatwave - I don't! Was just trying to explain to you how they operate. They make their money by charging a booking fee. The penalties they charge sellers who do not honour their commitments will be swallowed up in administration fees when trying to find the buyer alternative tickets. If there are alternatives available Seatwave will buy them on your behalf, no matter what the cost. You will obviously not be charged a penny extra.
They have to impose penalties on sellers that don't come up with the goods in order to protect people like you who have been let down.

Seatwaveteam's Response to AlmostAnAngel's Review

Written on: 09/09/2013

Hi there,

We are surprised to hear about your experience and would like to ensure you that this does not reflect our usual high standard customer service, it sounds far from it, so we would like to thank you for taking the time to write and highlighting this.

Excellent customer service is very important to us and we always try to inform our customers of any possible changes or problems that occur as soon as we are aware.

Seatwave is a marketplace where people can buy and sell tickets. This means that we at Seatwave do not sell the tickets ourselves and all the tickets listed come from fans and distributors around the world.

We can assure you that we have strict terms and conditions in place to ensure sellers fulfil their orders as advertised. It is a rare occurrence that sellers are not able to fulfil the sale and we appreciate the disappointment that this situation has caused to you.

However, in the very unlikely event that a seller is unable to fulfil a sale, Seatwave protects the buyer with a ticket guarantee, which means we will step in and try to source replacement tickets, as we genuinely care about getting people to live events.

We are very sorry that we have been unable to find replacement tickets in this instance for you and especially for not reaching out to you and not informing you of the issue occurred.

We don’t underestimate how disappointed you are and we can assure you we really have tried all possible options to source you tickets.

Our priority is to make buying tickets as simple as possible, to get you to your chosen event and to support you along the way and this hasn’t happened in your case,which is why we would like to offer you something towards a future purchase.

We acknowledge the fact that you might not be interested in this in the near future as it’s clear that you feel we have let you down, however if you should change your mind, please feel free to contact us through our website and we will issue you a voucher.

We do hope this goes some way in showing you that we do care very much about how you view our company and your customer experience.

Seatwave

Almostanangel's Response to AlmostAnAngel's Review

Almostanangel's Response to AlmostAnAngel's Review

Written on: 29/08/2013

Ok i havent been clear lets break your response down

Seatwave is a re-selling site which is very clearly explained on their website. They do not sell tickets themselves; they act as a platform for individuals who want to buy or sell tickets.- So they have no control over the seller selling YOUR tickets that you have paid for else where.

The actual face value of the ticket is very clearly displayed before you commit to buying and it's up to you if you want to pay face value or not.- As an individul you make the desision to buy the ticket as you understand that someone or an ticketing agency has bought the tickets form the original vender so youll pay the extortionate price on the understanding that youll get the tickets!!!

If a seller does not honour his agreement to provide the tickets as advertised then he will not get paid and he will be charged a fee so that Seatwave can source alternative tickets for the buyer.- Seatwave make money from charging £50 admin fee when sellers dont deliver ....you make money by having my MONEY for over 20 DAYS sat in your bank account!!!!! you also make money by me calling you repeatdly and getting no where.... your customer services is RUBBISH

These safeguards are in place to protect the buyer. These are no way SAFEGUARDS to you as the end customer you get shafted by Seatwave and the seller gets shafted Seatwave is in a win win!!!!so the only safeguard here is to SEATWAVE!!!!

If Seatwave are unable to source replacement tickets the buyer will receive a full refund. They are an honourable company and I am 100% sure that you will either receive your tickets in time, or, alternatively, a full refund. -I would question there honour!!!!!!

Andiamo's reply to Almostanangel's Comment

Written on: 29/08/2013

You are obviously very angry and it's totally understandable under the circumstances. The worst thing that can happen is that you will be left without tickets, and in that case you WILL receive a full refund. Not ideal I know. The best solution will be if Seatwave finds you alternative tickets.
The seller hasn't been shafted by Seatwave. It's you that has been shafted by the seller who perhaps didn't even have the tickets in the first place, or found somewhere else to sell them at an even larger profit. Why shouldn't that person pay a penalty?

seatwave.com