Worst seller experience ever

• Selection of tickets available

• Ease of ordering

• Customer service

ivanac's review of Seatwave - www.seatwave.com

“Worst seller experience ever”

Written on: 17/07/2013 by ivanac (1 review written)

I had two tickets for Melt! Festival I was not going to use so I put an ad here and in other websites like zepass.com (that one works well here in France). In the end some guy asked for them on facebook and was ok about him just doing a SEPA transfer and I sending him an e-mail with the tickets. I forgot to turn down my ads and eventually someone got interested in them. On zepass they just sent me an e-mail asking if I wanted to seal the deal, I answered no, they cancelled my listing and that was it. But here the deal was apparently already sealed when I put the listing. I asked the customer service what I could do and they left me a message with a hidden number so I wasn't able to call them back. In the end they just told me by e-mail that there would be a penalty charge of 50GBP plus additional costs that may appear during sourcing the replacement tickets. Ok, I knew I would have to pay fees but seriously?! 50GBP?! That's more than what I was going to earn with the tickets!

All in all putting a listing on this site is actually much riskier than it seems.

• Melt!

Event

• High

Booking fee

Visit seatwave.com

Seatwaveteam's Response to ivanac's Review

Hi there,

thank you for your feedback.

Although we appreciate that you would like to cancel your sale, the sale was already confirmed to the buyer of your tickets and therefore you are bound to provide the tickets as advertised.

Please note that we only provide a platform for Sellers and Buyers and that the cancellation provisions under the Distance Selling Regulations 2000 do not apply to your purchase of Tickets on this Site. On seatwave all sales are final.

As per our User Agreement in section 4.6 Commitment to Supply:

By listing a ticket with us, you are committing to supply that ticket; which means that you are making and communicating an offer to sell that ticket. When a Buyer agrees to buy the ticket, he or she is accepting your offer, and the transaction is binding on the parties and you are required to supply a ticket to the Buyer. If, for any reason, you fail to fulfil on the contract you have entered into in respect of the sale of your ticket to the Buyer, you agree that we can deduct payment from your credit/debit card or account balance with us, for expenses or charges that we incur in finding a replacement ticket or providing a refund. You further agree that we can set off any amount you owe us against any monies owing to you that we hold at any time. Please see clause 9 (Financial Consequences) for further information.

We appreciate that this might not be the news you wanted to hear, however when you listed your tickets on our website you agreed to our terms and conditions.

seatwave

Andiamo's Response to ivanac's Review

Written on: 17/07/2013

Didn't you read the Seatwave site? They guarantee to get their buyers tickets for the event they've paid for. You sold your tickets on Seatwave and then let the buyer down. The money they charged you is used to find replacement tickets.
I would say that the only risk on Seatwave is to the poor people that bought your tickets in good faith. Power to Seatwave for not letting them down!

Andiamo's Response to ivanac's Review