Wimbledon Tickets

• Customer service

Guest's review of Seatwave - www.seatwave.com

“Wimbledon Tickets”

Written on: 03/07/2013

I purchased tickets to Wimbledon through Seatwave. They were advertised as "Debenture Tickets" which are the only ones legally transferable - but turns out they were normal tickets , possibly issued to a foreign tennis association, and definitely not transferable.

I was warned by the authorities at Wimbleon that I had no right of entry, to the court or the debenture lounge.

I am suffering a loss of several thousand pounds, which I guess could be a struggle to recover. I will probably have to engage a lawyer and incur more expense.

An email to Setwave is unanswered, and I cannot find a phone number for them.

Be warned.

Booking fee

Visit seatwave.com

Richard7777's Comment

Written on: 08/07/2013

See my review (6th July) - tickets for the final were never sent, no monetary loss but still very disappointing. It's because all the risk is with the purchaser because they don't buy the tickets until they've made a sale. In your case they didn't see the seller's tickets so it's pot luck. Wimbledon worth talking to - they are trying to get seatwave removed from Google and confirmed that Seatwave aren't an authorised seller.

Andiamo's Comment

Written on: 18/07/2013

Seatwave are not authorised sellers. In fact, they don't sell any tickets at all. They act as a platform for sellers to list unwanted tickets.
I can't see the Wimbledon authorities having any sway with Google. There are thousands of secondary ticket selling websites.

Seatwaveteam's Comment

Written on: 17/07/2013

Hi there,

Our priority here at Seatwave is to ensure that we get you, or in this case, your friend to the chosen event. So we are very careful in following up any unusual issues that may arise, this would be one of them.

Whilst we fully appreciate the disappointment you have experienced, given that the tickets are provided from a third party, we would require the written confirmation from the venue that you were unable to gain entrance as proof in order to be able to proceed actions against the seller.

As Seatwave is a marketplace, we don’t own the tickets, therefore the proof from the venue is needed as we need to pass this information on to the seller. We hope you can understand that this measurement is in place to protect sellers that use our site who supply genuine tickets.

We take our Job very seriously and we share the passion for live events with our customers, this is why we have strict terms and conditions in place for sellers and we will ban any seller who is supplying invalid tickets from our site.

We would like to urge you to contact us through our website and provide us with the written proof so we can do the right thing and refund you the full purchase price and take the appropriate actions against the seller of your tickets as we feel you have been let down.

seatwave