They sold me fraudulent tickets, they are so dodgy!!!!

• Selection of tickets available

• Ease of ordering

• Customer service

Markmywords999's review of Seatwave - www.seatwave.com

“They sold me fraudulent tickets, they are so dodgy!!!!”

Written on: 14/06/2013 by Markmywords999 (1 review written)

I received a marketing email from Seatwave into my inbox offering tickets to see Kings Of Leon at the O2 on Thursday 13th June, at a reduced price. Brilliant I thought, this is amazing I just couldn't get my wallet out quick enough and after quickly checking out their site I booked the tickets on my credit card. All looked to be legitimate to me, I am a 45 year old company director, so I do err on the side of caution at times. Later that evening a link was sent notifying me the tickets were ready to download and the next day I downloaded my E-tickets in readiness for the concert 2 days later. I was so excited, I couldn't believe my luck The big day arrived and wanting to make an occasion of it I went to the O2, enjoyed a few drinks and dinner and with the announcer calling 15 minutes until the Kings Of Leon were on stage we hurried to the entry gate. After queing for 10 minutes or so we got to the front of the que and my ticket was scanned. "Step to the left please Sir" was the response. Must be a security check I thought. "Code 3" he said. Then my friend was also sent to join me. Blimey I thought, this is strange. He came over. "Sorry, I cant let you in these tickets are frauds, where did you but them?" No, no I replied there must be some mistake, I purchased these from Seatwave. I am sorry but these tickets are fraud tickets and you can't come in, if you had purchased these from us we could help, but as we don't recognise Seatwave there is nothing we can do", and he handed me a leaflet, titled 'A victim of crime' I was gobsmacked. "Name please sir?" He said, why? I replied, "you have tried to enter with a fraudulent ticket, Name please sir" I gave him my name and telephone number and we were told to move away. I just couldn't believe I had paid my money and the tickets were dodgy. I then had to buy two more tickets from the O2 box office and then go back, subsequently missing 20 minutes of the concert and upsetting my friend who isn't very well. Now this is the bit that really sticks in my throat, to add insult to injury. I emailed them with my contact details and outlined my complaint at around 11am this morning. At 11.11am the automated reply read; Hello,
Thank you for your email. We’ll be in touch. In the meantime, did you know that we have a help section on our website that has answers to our most frequently asked questions? Visit our help section to view answers on delivery times, buying, selling and much more.
There’s no need to reply to this email, so sit tight, this is just to keep you updated and let you know that we’re looking into this for you.
Kind regards,
Seatwave Team
. Guess what? No one responded to me. So I replied to that email 3 hours later, asking if they could come back to me. Guess what? Nothing, not a single word. So I emailed them again with another email via their web page. Guess what? Yep congratulations you guessed right they haven't come back to me and its now 6.30pm. I can not believe them. But they have managed to email twice today, once to offer me tickets to see Josh Groban for £15.00 and another offering discounted tickets for other shows. These people are a joke, and absolute shambles. If I don't hear from them on Monday I will contact the police, as they have taken money from me and sold me fake goods, in this case tickets. Please, do not touch these, however, if they respond in a positive way I will update my review, so watch this space.

Visit seatwave.com

Seatwaveteam's Response to Markmywords999's Review

Written on: 17/06/2013

Hi there,

Our priority here at Seatwave is to ensure that we get you to the chosen event. So we are very careful in following up any unusual issues that may arise, this would be one of them.

Whilst we fully appreciate the disappointment you have experienced, given that the tickets are provided from a third party, we would require the written confirmation from the venue that you were unable to gain entrance as proof in order to be able to proceed actions against the seller.

As Seatwave is a marketplace, we don’t own the tickets, therefore the proof from the venue is needed as we need to pass this information on to the seller. We hope you can understand that this measurement is in place to protect sellers that use our site who supply genuine tickets.

We take our Job very seriously and we share the passion for live events with our customers, this is why we have strict terms and conditions in place for sellers and we will ban any seller who is supplying invalid tickets from our site.

We would like to urge you to contact us through our website and provide us with the written proof so we can do the right thing and refund you the full purchase price and take the appropriate actions against the seller of your tickets as we feel you have been let down.

seatwave

Markmywords999's reply to Seatwaveteam's Comment

Written on: 17/06/2013

Dear Seatwave

Thank you for your response, but may I ask why it took me three attempts to contact you as a matter of urgency before I could coax a response from you days later?

Why when you said that someone would comeback to me quickly, they never?

How come the O2 knew these were fraudulent tickets within a second of me presenting them when you had them (electronically) in you system for sometime and you probably didn't even check them?

What system checks do you have in place before you pass these illegal tickets on? If these are illegal fraudulent tickets then doesn't that implicate you in some way for 'handling stolen goods' ?

I know you don't own the tickets, but do you or do you not profit from the re-sell of them?

Now If you would check your system you will see that I have replied to you through your website to provide you with written proof as I asked why I must download further copies of these tickets (as the venue took these from me at the point of entry). Drive to the O2 at my cost, park at my cost, so I can obtain a written response at their cost to send to you so you can consider my claim? May I also point out that even though it took me three attempts and a couple of days for you to come back to me, you still had the time to try and sell me Josh Groban tickets, tickets to see 'The Boss' email me to try and sell further tickets, you even had the cheek to ask me if I would recommend a friend? What? Are you serious? Then at the end of this email you have the audacity to say "quote - as we feel you have been let down" yes I have by Seatwave.

seatwave.com