Avoid like the plague! totally overpriced. EXTORTIONATE

• Selection of tickets available

• Ease of ordering

• Customer service

Guest's review of Seatwave - www.seatwave.com

“Avoid like the plague! totally overpriced. EXTORTIONATE”

Written on: 11/06/2013

I bought two tickets for Bon Jovi last November for his concert in Birmingham last Sunday. At the time the cheapest available was with Seatwave at £73 each. They offered me the best seats available for that price (according to them!!) At no point did they say what the actual face value of the tickets would be, just you have to pay a booking fee so it would be more than face value - but that's standard and we all agree to pay some booking fee -- but not as much as they charged! 6 times the price!!

Stupidly I booked the tickets before checking their reputation from previous customers and once I had I was worried that they didn't exist and I wouldn't get my tickets. 2 weeks before the concert I emailed them to change delivery address. They did email back within a day which was fine, saying I would get tickets soon but they couldn't say when. I left it another week and then emailed again saying the concert was 3 days away and where's the tickets? the next day I received an email saying it would be sent Royal Mail special delivery but I got a tracking number for a courier but did receive them. If I hadn't chased I don't think I would have got them.

BUT when I got the tickets the face value was just £12.50, they charged me six times that price. EXTORTIONATE over charging. Rip Off. Our seats were 4 rows from the back at a football stadium, so the pitch of the roof was fine for football but not for seeing a screen which you needed to see as it could have been anyone on stage they were just so tiny. Also the sound was terrible because of the stadium design and where we were seated - there was over a second delay in the sound reaching us because the speakers were MILES away and so the screen and sound were out of synch.

We had looked forward to this concert for 8 months and it was such a disappointment. I will never ever use them again and would not recommend them to anyone.

• Bon Jovi concert 9 June 2013 Birmingham

Booking fee

Visit seatwave.com

Andiamo's Comment

Written on: 12/06/2013

The face value of the ticket is very clearly displayed on the invoice page of the website (before you commit to pay). It's not in "small print" and is very easy to spot.
The prices are set by individual sellers, not Seatwave. Seatwave take a commission and all this is also displayed on the invoice page.
If you didn't get the tickets you were promised then Seatwave WILL stand by their guarantee of supplying you with the tickets you booked (or better) and you WILL get a refund. (The original seller will not get paid).

Seatwaveteam's Comment

Written on: 17/06/2013

Hi there,

The reason the price stated on the ticket is different to what you have paid is because seatwave is an on-line marketplace, where people can buy and sell tickets. Prices are set by sellers when they list their tickets on seatwave.

We believe that fans should have the right to do what they want with tickets they have bought, including selling them at the going market rate if they choose to. Sellers can list tickets to any event of their choosing and can select their own selling price. We provide tools that show the market value of their tickets on our exchange over time.

Buyers on our platform have access to the same marketplace information, allowing them to make calculated decisions on seat location and the best time to buy tickets. We have several features on our buying page that help you to narrow your search to your specific requirements. One of those features is a sliding scale price bar where you can select a maximum price and only the tickets within your selected price range will appear so you can choose exactly how much you would like to spend.

We can assure you that the face value is shown for every transaction on the buying page before you go to the next step and enter your payment details and we’re sorry if you feel this was not clear, as we go to great lengths to develop our website and make it as user friendly and transparent as possible.

seatwave

Washdc's Comment

Written on: 12/06/2013

i am going to the slane castle gig on 15/06/2013 i am still chasing to get my tickets still not arrived, i have booked and paid for hotel etc.

Seatwave are a joke