Do not go anywhere near them

• Selection of tickets available

• Ease of ordering

• Customer service

Guest's review of Seatwave - www.seatwave.com

“Do not go anywhere near them”

Written on: 04/06/2013

Wife wanted to see Barbara Striesand so when tickets went on sale spent a good few hours trying various sites. Finally managed to get the offer of 2 via Seatwave. 2 tickets including fees some £400! As appeared little chance of getting any cheaper went ahead and purchased. Little did I know and nor did they make it clear I was in effect buying someone else's tickets, who had paid just £65 per ticket. You dont get to know this till you get your eticket. The also dont exactly tell you where the seats are, just want block, did not expect to about 4 rows from the back at the 02. There were 3 other couples around us all having purchased from Seatwave. 2 couples were as cheesed off as we were in that the seats were so far back, however non of them paid what I did! To rub salt into the wounds, the couple in the row directly behind had brought their Seatwave tickets the day before and only cost them £75 each. In summary will I ever buy from SeatWave, no chance! Did they ruin my experience, you bet, would I recommend them to anyone, no chance. There is probably some small print hidden somewhere, however they should be more up front and explain you are buying tickets at almost 3 times face value!

• Selection of tickets available

• Ease of ordering

• Customer service

• High

Booking fee

Visit seatwave.com

Andiamo's Comment

Written on: 05/06/2013

You are buying tickets from a third party; neither Seatwave nor Seatwave Limited is the ticket seller.
Ticket prices are set by the seller and may differ from face value. All prices listed are in UK Sterling.

The above paragraph is pasted directly from Seatwave's Home Page. How much clearer do you want them to be? You knew which block you would be in, and as Seatwave have an interactive plan of the venue on each selling page it wouldn't have been that difficult for you to check how far from the stage you would be. You may not be happy with Seatwave, but I bet the people sitting next you who paid them £75 a ticket were delighted.

Seatwaveteam's Comment

Written on: 17/06/2013

Hi there,

The reason the price stated on the ticket is different to what you have paid is because seatwave is an online marketplace, where people can buy and sell tickets. Prices are set by sellers when they list their tickets on seatwave.

We believe that fans should have the right to do what they want with tickets they have bought, including selling them at the going market rate if they choose to. Sellers can list tickets to any event of their choosing and can select their own selling price. We provide tools that show the market value of their tickets on our exchange over time.

Buyers on our platform have access to the same marketplace information, allowing them to make calculated decisions on seat location and the best time to buy tickets. We have several features on our buying page that help you to narrow your search to your specific requirements. One of those features is a sliding scale price bar where you can select a maximum price and only the tickets within your selected price range will appear so you can choose exactly how much you would like to spend.

We can assure you that the face value is shown for every transaction on the buying page before you go to the next step and enter your payment details and we’re sorry if you feel this was not clear, as we go to great lengths to develop our website and make it as user friendly and transparent as possible.

seatwave

Ckeenan's Comment

Written on: 09/06/2013

I agree with you would never ever use Seatwave again for exactly the same reasons. I hope people read the review page first before they deal with Seatwave. Wish I had!!!

seatwave.com