Seats not even close to the area we booked

• Selection of tickets available

• Ease of ordering

• Customer service

paulfara1962's review of Seatwave - www.seatwave.com

“Seats not even close to the area we booked”

Written on: 02/06/2013 by paulfara1962 (1 review written)

This is the first time we have used Seatwave and I have to say we were very disappointed. What's the point of picking seats online to find out you are miles away from the area you pick. Ticketmaster are sometimes a few rows or blocks away, but we were miles away from the seats we picked. We have just seen Barbra Streisand and our seats were on the very back row up with the gods. We paid nearly £150 for tickets with a face value of £65. We will definitely use Ticketmaster in the future. Seatwave? Rubbish!!

• Barbra Streisand

Visit seatwave.com

Seatwaveteam's Response to paulfara1962's Review

Written on: 04/06/2013

Hi there,

We would like to apologise for any frustration you've experienced with your ticket purchase on this occasion.

As an online marketplace, the tickets were sent to you directly from the seller of your tickets.

We don’t send the tickets ourselves, so please do get in touch with us through our website so we can make this right.

In regard to the face value, the reason the price stated on the ticket is different to what you have paid is because seatwave is an online marketplace, where people can buy and sell tickets.
Prices are set by sellers when they list their tickets on seatwave.

We believe that fans should have the right to do what they want with tickets they have bought, including selling them at the going market rate if they choose to. Sellers can list tickets to any event of their choosing and can select their own selling price. We provide tools that show the market value of their tickets on our exchange over time.

Buyers on our platform have access to the same marketplace information, allowing them to make calculated decisions on seat location and the best time to buy tickets. We have several features on our buying page that help you to narrow your search to your specific requirements. One of those features is a sliding scale price bar where you can select a maximum price and only the tickets within your selected price range will appear so you can choose exactly how much you would like to spend.

We can assure you that the face value is shown for every transaction on the buying page before you go to the next step and enter your payment details and we’re sorry if you feel this was not clear, as we go to great lengths to develop our website and make it as user friendly and transparent as possible.

Seatwave

Paulfara1962's reply to Seatwaveteam's Comment

Written on: 04/06/2013

Ticketmaster are just better. I have used them numerous times (02, Broadway, West End etc) and when I have booked seats they have been much closer to the area I have picked. I appreciate that you don't get the exact seats but we were miles away and on the very back row. I have had contact from Seatwave but far from satisfied. Their reply was lame and just not good enough. I was fobbed off, but that's ok as I shall not be using them again. I've learnt my lesson and will stick with Ticketmaster, who I trust. I know there's a mark up, I wasn't born yesterday. The sliding scale mentioned in the reply??? £150 was the cheapest ticket available, but I paid because it was Barbra Streisand. Therefore I expected to be fairly close to where I had chosen on their website prior to booking. The tickets didn't arrive until two days before the event, so there was little we could do about the seats we were allocated. Be warned!!

seatwave.com