FAKE TICKETS SOLD - we didn't get to see the concert!

• Selection of tickets available

• Ease of ordering

• Customer service

Guest's review of Seatwave - www.seatwave.com

“FAKE TICKETS SOLD - we didn't get to see the concert!”

Written on: 29/05/2013

Seatwave sold us fake tickets to the Depeche Mode concert at the O2 centre 28/05/13 which resulted in us not seeing the concert! Our friends had purchased tickets through viagogo, and had been alerted the week before that they were invalid and needed replacing. As our tickets had the same seller on them, we were concerned and went to the Seatwave desk prior to the concert. The person there was nice, but explained that she couldn't check the tickets' validity and we would just have to try them at the gate. We got to the gate and were denied entry. When we went back to Seatwave, she said the concert was sold out, and she could only offer us a full refund. After travelling over an hour to see one of our favourite bands - not a great solution! To be fair, she refunded us our ticket prices instantly, and said she would sort out the parking fees separately. Again - nice enough service on the backend, but what we most wanted was to see the concert!

Surely the one job of a ticket reseller is to check that the tickets are valid prior to reselling!? What other job is included in their whopping £30 handling fee per ticket?!?!?!??!?! Seatwave shouldn't exist as a company as they failed to do their one and only job. It's viagogo for me from here on out - at least they did their job, and caught the error, and our friends got to see the concert.

Visit seatwave.com

Martinpv's Comment

Written on: 29/05/2013

Same thing happend to us and at the entrance they told us that the same guy had sold 80 fake tickets and yet Seatwave did not catch that which means they do zero checking at all. Avoid this company at all costs if you are buying tickets.

Catmat's Comment

Written on: 23/06/2013

where this e tickets or hardcopy?

Written on: 24/06/2013

They were e tickets. And due to the systems at O2, they can't check whether they're real until you scan them at the door. The problem is, if you get there early to see if they're real, so you have time to hopefully deal with the problem - once you scan them, you're stuck inside with nothing to do! And if they're fake, you still might not have time to get real ones (as we discovered!)

Catmat's Comment

Written on: 24/06/2013

I have bought hardcopy tickets for depeche mode next week, hope everything will be ok! I bought e tickets last year for muse, I was also very nervous for fake tickets but they were ok.
I am very sorry for you this happened.

Michaelrangos's Comment

Written on: 01/06/2013

Seatwave where aware that there was an issue and that there is an issue at the moment with one seller who has defrauded all of the ticket websites by sending out the same tickets to multiple buyers for multiple events.
They really should've contacted you before the concert date as have their competitors.

Seatwave should of had a back up supply of tickets at their collection point for such issues, they have know that there was a potential problem for a over a month now.

At the end of the day it's up to Seatwave to make sure that buyers get into the venue and if they know that there could be an issue that they should jump on it straight away.

Written on: 12/06/2013

I couldn't agree more! And now I am struggling to get my refund. It has been two weeks, and they owe me almost £500 for the tickets and parking...and now they are saying they want written proof from the venue and all kinds of hoopla just to get my money back. On the night, they claimed I didn't need anything, just to provide them with my account details. Getting proof now is going to be a huge palaver. This company is the WORST. NEVER buy from Seatwave - you won't get to see the concert, and you will struggle to get your money back. Wish me luck, or I'm out £500!

Seatwaveteam's Comment

Hi there,

Our priority here at Seatwave is to ensure that we get you to the chosen event. So we are very careful in following up any unusual issues that may arise, this would be one of them.

We take our Job very seriously and we share the passion for live events with our customers, this is why we have strict terms and conditions in place for sellers and we will ban any seller who is supplying invalid tickets from our site.

We would like to urge you to contact us through our website so we can do the right thing and refund you the full purchase price and take the appropriate actions against the seller of your tickets as we feel you have been let down.

seatwave

Gagsybhoy's Comment

Written on: 30/05/2013

These are my thoughts of my experience of the Depeche Mode concert at the O2 on Tuesday the 28 May 2013. The tickets arrived on time and the money taken from my credit card promptly.
At first I was suspicious of getting e-tickets with the original purchaser's name on the tickets, especially as there was a warning on the ticket about copies being made but thought less of it over the period
Unfortunately, my fears and suspicions were realised when I arrived at the O2. Myself and my colleague had taken the day off to attend the concert and found the tickets had been copied and as we were not the first couple to have the tickets scanned so were refused entry. We spent over an hour with O2 security.This was a rather humiliating experience and not enjoyable. We decided not to buy further tickets on the night as it had already been spoiled.
I hope this will be a lesson to you not to sell on dodgy tickets and I will be contacting my credit card company to recover my cost. I also hope the O2 security people, who have given me a letter headed ‘Information for Victims of Fraud’ contact you.
I hope you can learn a lesson from my experience as I have, ‘

Written on: 12/06/2013

I have contacted your customer support, and they have not yet managed to process my refund, and are now claiming I need proof from the venue. Your company is a complete JOKE, as is your customer service. I am owed almost £500, and should not have to jump through hoops as a result of YOUR gross negligence. Now not only did I miss the concert, I am missing my money too. I am in the process of contacting the media and social networking sites, because I think everyone needs to know not to use your company.

Written on: 13/06/2013

Wow, I have tried posting several comments to complain about your service, and none of them get posted. So much for being an independent website. I just wanted to inform you that I have been struggling for the last couple of days to get my refund, over two weeks after the event. Every person I speak to tells me I need to get different proof, and they all say they'll call me back - and never do. Now I am out £500 in addition to not seeing the concert. I would never ever ever recommend your company to anyone, because your customer service is appalling.

Martawp's Comment

Written on: 29/05/2013

Hi! The same thing happened to us. I think we were one of the 80 as we did see two more people with the same exact ticket. Was someone from seatwave at the venue? We were not aware and no one told us. We bought new tickets and I am now trying to get in contact with a person (not an email) from seatwave to get a reimbursement.
Many thanks!

Written on: 29/05/2013

Ooh you're lucky you got to see it! The woman at the counter told me they make it deliberately difficult to call them as they prefer e-mail, but she gave me a number. You should be able to get a refund no problem. Hope you enjoyed the show!

Martawp's Comment

Written on: 30/05/2013

Email worked :) I just received the refund on paypal! The show was amazing! I would encourage you to try to get tickets for the event later this year! There were plenty on sale at the box office for the concert on Tuesday and much cheaper than what I paid on Seatwave!

Written on: 30/05/2013

We will definitely try! Oh, how funny I just saw that in my original post I had given you the phone number the girl at the counter gave me...and it's gone! They must have pulled it. Sorry, was trying to be helpful! Glad it worked out.

Written on: 12/06/2013

BTW I did try and post the number to you in my comment, but the mediator must have removed it! Sorry, I wasn't trying to say I had the number and you didn't :) Glad you got the refund - I'm still struggling to get mine?! We will definitely try and get more tickets.

seatwave.com