Seems good .. until they get your money.

• Selection of tickets available

• Ease of ordering

• Customer service

Jaster's review of Last Second Tickets www.lastsecondtickets.com

“Seems good .. until they get your money.”

Written on: 04/04/2013 by Jaster (1 review written)

These are running the orange fun finder deals at the moment. I was hit with a text message from Orange promoting cheap tickets for Walking with Dinosaurs at the MEN arena.

The deal was half price tickets and a free child ticket with every adult. I checked the website and for 4 of us (2 adults and 2 children) the total cost was £43.95 (£17.50 each (One standard £35 ticket at half price with a free child), £2.50 booking fee each ticket and £3.95 postage). Now with all deals I check the main booking office as I've seen with previous ticket agencies offering "deals" sometimes they are not all that when compared to the actual direct approach. Working it out for the blocks left at the MEN arena it would of cost me about £57 so not a huge saving. Booked the tickets. 2 Weeks later tickets have not arrived. I phoned them, they stated that the tickets were late, I asked how they were going to be sent, I was instructed they would require a signature on delivery. I asked that due to the event only being a few days off wether they could change to my work address as getting to the local Royal Mail delivery office. I recieved a subsequent phone call saying they couldn't do this as they had been sent out on the Thursday by royal mail special delivery. This was the easter bankholiday and I hadn't recieved the tickets however IF they had been despatched in this manner they should have been attempted delivery on the Tuesday. They hadn't.

On wednesday 2 tickets turned up in a standard first class envelope. This is not what I was expecting. I contacted the ticket office to explain, this is where my experienced not only soured. They said that I had read the website wrong, and that the free child was ONLY if you purchased a £35 ticket. However I had an invoice clearly stating Quantity 2, Item, £35 adult ticket and +1 Free Child Ticket, cost £17.50 each. What the website offer actually was £17.50 for ALL remaining tickets. Meaning that if you wanted the free child ticket you had to purchase 2 x £17.50 ticket, meaning the child was not free, and this was very misleading not only on there website but on the invoice I had in my hand.

Now due to the tickets being despatch only a few days before the show it has now sold out, I couldn't take one child and not the other so have now asked for a refund (which considering the rudeness of all staff members TELLING me that what I have in my hand is wrong even though they couldn't see this (I even had to email them a copy so they could check it). I would advise everyone steer well clear.

The brunt of it is the costing of the tickets at £17.50 each was £70 for all 4 of us (free kids are ghost tickets), £10 booking fee (4 x £2.50), and £3.95 shipping. A total of £83.95. When I could of got a family ticket from another vendor for 2 adults and 2 children for £53 plus £4 postage.

All I was left with is a refund (I hope) and 2 dissapointed children. If you book I would do it via phone and not through the website and make sure you ask any questions. Although some of the responses and even the answer phone message on my phone, which was a lie, would make me question anything any of there representatives say.

• Selection of tickets available